i read somewhere something about the bold touch having a radio .. anyways i love to listen to music on my cellphone but sometimes my mp3 files get boring and obviously repetetive.. i would love to have a radio tunner in my phone and no not an fm app that you can dl .. but built in. see i live in nyc and have to take two buses to get to work and sometimes want to listen to my favortite morning show .. just listen to ppl you know .. get the news etc.. catch new music and stuff.. what do you guys think is this possible ?
    04-25-11 02:41 PM
    bbqsanchez,

I would think iHeart Radio would be available at some point. I have used it before and enjoy it. The other app I hope becomes available is MLB. Thankfully we'll have some more answers by next week.
    bbqsanchez likes this.
    04-25-11 04:36 PM
    yea , i really hope so and thanks for reminding me its next week i forgot lol
    04-25-11 05:25 PM
    bbqsanchez,

I would think iHeart Radio would be available at some point. I have used it before and enjoy it. The other app I hope becomes available is MLB. Thankfully we'll have some more answers by next week.
    MLB at bat? That's already out for BlackBerry
    04-25-11 06:00 PM
    How about tunein radio? Love that app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 06:47 PM
    well i wasnt talking about apps , i actually read somewhere that it will have a fm antenna or something like that .. i think it said blackberry radio also im not sure.
    04-25-11 07:22 PM
    blackberry radio is an app that taps into the channels of many internet radio providers. i highly doubt were gonna see a bb with an fm radio.

i use tunein it has every radio station i could want to listen too i barely keep any music on my phone these days
    04-26-11 11:47 AM
    The only benefit to me for having an FM tuner in the actual phone (given that we have tunein and other services) would be to be able to listen to Red Sox (or other sports) live on their respective on-air stations, since all webstreams get blocked/replaced when the station(s) is broadcasting a game (thanks MLB for making people have to pay)....
    04-26-11 11:53 AM
    6.1 is a new OS. Not sure that MLB or any non native app is going to just 'work' with the new OS. Usually an app needs a bit of tweaking. That can take some time. My guess is that Docs and the social media apps will all have been updated for launch, but little else.
    04-26-11 12:26 PM
    that would be nice i'm sick of carrying around my old iphone for music. carrying around two phones is cheesy
    04-30-11 10:22 PM
    I wonder if they do have a built in radio how it would affect the battery. I really don't know as I have yet to have a phone that had one and if I did, its obvious that I didn't use it . It would be nice to have, but i still use my iPod for music.
    04-30-11 10:54 PM
    One of the Curves is getting it wit OS7.1 so would only seem fair that the Bold has it built in too :s here's hoping but I've had 7.1 on my 9930 now for weeks from Sprint and I've not seen any app to access FM stations using a wired headset as the receiver.
    01-10-12 11:53 PM
    The Curves have Built in FM Radio Receivers.

Regrettably, our poor Bolds/Torches do not.
    01-10-12 11:58 PM
    @Deathcommand, yes that's what I was afraid of. Dang it.
    01-11-12 12:05 AM
    fm radio is such an underrated add-on! they used to have in back in the days on those old nokia phones! I really liked it. sadly for all higher end devices (all apple devices like iPod Touch) this is excluded cus they like streaming radio which i find silly.

ugh!
    01-11-12 12:12 AM
    Agreed! I never understood why having an FM radio seems to be associated with a "lesser" device with todays phones. I know someone with a cheap-o prepaid blackberry look-a-like non-smartphone and it has it. Would be such an awsome feature for all devices.
    01-11-12 12:30 AM
    i read somewhere something about the bold touch having a radio .. anyways i love to listen to music on my cellphone but sometimes my mp3 files get boring and obviously repetetive.. i would love to have a radio tunner in my phone and no not an fm app that you can dl .. but built in. see i live in nyc and have to take two buses to get to work and sometimes want to listen to my favortite morning show .. just listen to ppl you know .. get the news etc.. catch new music and stuff.. what do you guys think is this possible ?
    Get BBM Music, you'll always discover new music.
    01-11-12 02:12 AM
    Get BBM Music, you'll always discover new music.
    Unfortunately, it is not the same as listening to the favorite FM radio station....
    Apart from the fact, that BBM Music is not available in all countries, contrary to FM ;-)
    01-11-12 03:25 AM
    Unfortunately, it is not the same as listening to the favorite FM radio station....
    Apart from the fact, that BBM Music is not available in all countries, contrary to FM ;-)
    Oh I know, I was referring to your boring and repetitive mp3 music collection

I would reccomend Nobex Radio if you have unlimited or plenty of data and TuneIn if you have less data as you can choose the quality of the stream.
    01-11-12 04:48 AM
    I really wanted the FM Radio since I have just about 200MB per month and it wouldn't be enough for TuneIn :/
    + how are the new Curves getting it and the BOLD not? The flagship phone! Ugh..
    01-11-12 06:24 AM
    Playbook has an fm radio chip, but so far developers have no access to it (like the magnetometer). Hopefully that changes with 2.0.

I agree fm radio would be nice on the phone. You can probably still stream your local stations online though as an alternative.
    01-11-12 07:41 AM
    Is there a FM radio hardware hidden inside 99xx...
    Is it ture?????
    Data free radio is cool...
    01-11-12 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD