Im new to BB, and i am totally in love with it !

Just one thing that i cant seem to find (on the phone settins or google), does the phone have a accelerometer and does it have the ability to flip over to make a call silent, that is one feature that i loved om my old phones, that i will miss if my 9900 does not have it

Thanks.
    10-07-11 06:28 AM
    I don't think so, but hitting the Mute key or Volume keys on the side should do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 06:39 AM
    k, thank you
    10-07-11 07:19 AM
    It has an accelerometer, I'm not sure what you mean by making a call silent. If you press and hold Q it will switch to Vibrate regardless of what sound profile you are in. You can also assign individual ringtones for contacts if you want to shut someone up. Just select profiles/change sounds/sounds for contacts. Set their volume to silent. Have fun!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 09:51 AM
    you can also assign the convenience key to any option you want
    10-07-11 10:11 AM
    I have been meaning to try the app Flip Silent, but it did not work on my Torch 9800. I now have a 9900- has anyone tried this and it worked? Any feedback?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-15-12 03:37 AM
    Right now it doesn't work on the 9900, but I have an email sent out to the creaters s4bb regarding it.
    05-15-12 03:55 AM
    Right now it doesn't work on the 9900, but I have an email sent out to the creaters s4bb regarding it.

Hey thanks for the feedback!

05-15-12 09:39 PM
    I dont understand what "flip silent" means. Do you literally mean you "flip" the phone while its ringing to make silent the ringer? Wouldnt this cause you to accidentally silent it at times?

05-16-12 06:11 AM
    Yes, its possible !(•_ •

05-16-12 08:46 AM
    I wrote them and they said they will keep it in mind for their next release, so that's good!

If you have your phone on your desk, laying flat with the screen up, while its ringing, just flip it face down. It will only silence that call. It won't silence everything after. And it won't silence while in your pocket or anything because its vertical in your pocket. Not laying flat like on a table.
    05-16-12 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD