checked everything, cant seem to figure out why blackberry flashing
    any suggestions?
    01-11-12 08:43 PM
    did you hide the generic message icon? You may have received the blackberry activation message that only shows in that folder. open the All window, hit menu button, click show all. That will reveal any hidden icons.
    Also might be a notification of the software update if you have not upgraded yet. Is there a new icon (mine showed up on top row of all tab)
    Last edited by Hgouck; 01-11-12 at 09:06 PM.
    01-11-12 09:03 PM
    checked everything, cant seem to figure out why blackberry flashing
    any suggestions?
    What was the last message you checked, go back into the conversation and scroll through it. If you use Facebook it could be a failed status notification. Go through the notifications and look for an x.
    01-11-12 09:11 PM
    By any chance are you using Advance OS and LED? That will blink red if there is a conflict with a sound profile.
    01-11-12 10:39 PM
    I have had this issue - ongoing. Wiped and reinstalled the OS, removed 3rd party apps?...didn't help. Finally RIM told me this is a known issue with some people's Bold, possibly related to the updated OS. They want to fix it but don't know what's causing it...so, try to downgrade to the previous OS (not 7.0.1) and see if the issue persists. If it does, then it's the phone...replace it, I guess.

Frustrating, I know. Or keep rebooting with Alt Shift (aA button) Del, every time. Annoying.
    01-12-12 01:36 AM
    Don't alt+shft+del reset, nuked my phone twice that way. Maybe do a battery pull, or try putting it in bedside mode if you don't want to turn it off then back on again. But on the new 7.1 this issue has not come up so far.
    01-12-12 07:20 AM
    i had upgraded to 7.0.1 but hated it. too sluggish and battery life was a disaster
    downgraded back to .374. flashing red light was an issue before i upgraded to 7.0.1
    Its as tho the blackberry doesnt register that ive already read a message and just continues blinking.
    Really annoying to reboot each time.
    01-12-12 08:06 AM
    Don't alt+shft+del reset, nuked my phone twice that way. Maybe do a battery pull, or try putting it in bedside mode if you don't want to turn it off then back on again. But on the new 7.1 this issue has not come up so far.
    The alt+shift+del reset is completely safe and performs the same function as physicaly removing the battery. Must have just been a coincidence that your phone bricked after rebooting it that way.
    01-12-12 08:35 AM
    It's likely there's an activation message hiding in your generic mailbox -- look for the message icon that you may have hidden.

With me it's almost always the 'welcome to blackberry' or 'you're connected to the verizon network'. Sometimes it's other messages or calendar reminders. Or even a missed-call message.
    01-12-12 11:49 AM
    i had upgraded to 7.0.1 but hated it. too sluggish and battery life was a disaster
    downgraded back to .374. flashing red light was an issue before i upgraded to 7.0.1
    Its as tho the blackberry doesnt register that ive already read a message and just continues blinking.
    Really annoying to reboot each time.
    I started having this issue a few days ago after upgraded to 7.0.0.579 from 261. If I am patient enough, the red flashing will stop after a while.

My theory is the red flashing is related to the universal search indexing service. On one occasion, the flashing stopped once the indexing was finished.

Yes, this is very annoying.
    01-14-12 11:00 AM
    Another place to check, in media updates, podcasts, BB news etc. If my subscribed podcast has an update I get a blinking light but no notification in the status bar.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    asiayeah likes this.
    01-14-12 11:35 AM
    Another place to check, in media updates, podcasts, BB news etc. If my subscribed podcast has an update I get a blinking light but no notification in the status bar.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    This sounds like it indeed. When the light flashes, I've tried to go to Podcasts app, close the app and then the flashing stops.

Now, I am going to disable Media Options -> Enable New Podcast Alerts.

This does look like it's a bug in Podcasts app.
    01-15-12 03:16 AM
    Just had this issue. The fix was within the Facebook App. I went into the Messages area (in Facebook App) and it turned off the LED. If I am using Facebook on Desktop, notifications/messages get pushed to the Blackberry then cleared by Facebook but the Blackberry doesn't know that they were read (only Facebook knows...if that makes sense).

- Scott
    11-11-12 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD