Ok, this is making me crazy.

Every time I get a phone call (and answer), when I get off the phone, the LED notification flashes, even though there is nothing else going on with my phone. I do not have the coverage LED option marked, so I don't know what else it is??

I don't want to do a battery pull after every call - that's crazy.

Anyone else have this issue, and more importantly, a FIX??
    Last edited by HollyDay; 01-03-12 at 04:12 PM.
    01-03-12 02:33 PM
    Check your LED settings in options.
    Can you be more specific...?
    01-03-12 02:39 PM
    I noticed on my 9900 the other day that my LED was faintly flashing repeatedly. I didn't have any messages of any kind. Pulled the battery and it stopped. The only reason I noticed it was because it was dark and the phone was sitting in the charging pod so I have a clear view of it when I picked it up.
    01-03-12 02:51 PM
    I already said I don't have the LED coverage indicator on in my OP... (now underlined, for those who missed it)
    01-03-12 04:13 PM
    im assuming your not using any app like "who is this" that allows one to change led options? if you are it can be related to that.

also are u sure you dont have any missed calls? open up the call log and check. i have seen my led continue to blink after a missed call. i usually use the home screen drop down to see missed calls and messages preview before i open the program itself. that does not clear the notification.
    01-03-12 04:22 PM
    im assuming your not using any app like "who is this" that allows one to change led options? if you are it can be related to that.
    Nope, no 3rd party app installed at all yet.
    also are u sure you dont have any missed calls? open up the call log and check. i have seen my led continue to blink after a missed call. i usually use the home screen drop down to see missed calls and messages preview before i open the program itself. that does not clear the notification.
    Yes, as I stated in my OP, it starts flashing after I have hung up a call I actually answered; no other notifications...but the flashing LED.

This phone is about to hit the wall.
    01-03-12 04:25 PM
    Nope, no 3rd party app installed at all yet.
    Yes, as I stated in my OP, it starts flashing after I have hung up a call I actually answered; no other notifications...but the flashing LED.

This phone is about to hit the wall.
    dont do it, violence is not the answer.
    01-03-12 04:30 PM
    Sometimes my LED flashes for what seems like no notification at all. I do have an email spam program running, so it's possible there's a glitch with that. But pulling the battery would be so annoying, so I use a free small program called LED Reset which does exactly what it states. http://ota.rimgeeks.com/download/2/.
    01-03-12 04:32 PM
    if you install the "who is this app" there is an option to clear the wholst blinking that might work. this would be a bandaid obviously but it might save your phones life.
    01-03-12 04:32 PM
    if you install the "who is this app" there is an option to clear the wholst blinking that might work. this would be a bandaid obviously but it might save your phones life.
    Thanks, but I don't want a bandaid solution. I want to figure out if the phone is crap so I can replace it before my 14 days are up...
    01-03-12 04:47 PM
    Thanks, but I don't want a bandaid solution. I want to figure out if the phone is crap so I can replace it before my 14 days are up...
    i hope you can find the solution. its becoming a pretty large negative statistic for this device (returns).
    01-03-12 04:54 PM
    i hope you can find the solution. its becoming a pretty large negative statistic for this device (returns).
    Is that true? Are a lot of people returning the 9930?

I've already tried the GSII (Android), which was GORGEOUS, but poor on reception...so that only leaves the iPhone 4S and I know that has its own set of problems.

This phone is mostly functional but I've already had some major issues with it, and I had a lot of trouble with my Tour prior and don't want to suffer the same way again...

Hope there is a fix for this! (and battery pull is not the answer!)
    01-03-12 04:57 PM
    Is that true? Are a lot of people returning the 9930?

I've already tried the GSII (Android), which was GORGEOUS, but poor on reception...so that only leaves the iPhone 4S and I know that has its own set of problems.

This phone is mostly functional but I've already had some major issues with it, and I had a lot of trouble with my Tour prior and don't want to suffer the same way again...

Hope there is a fix for this! (and battery pull is not the answer!)
    Yes, a lot of people have either move on to a different manufacture or exchanged their Bold 99xx thanks to low quality control by RIM. I had to change my Bold 2 times within the first few weeks of getting it. (May be a bad batch received by Telus Canada)
    vedwardsiii likes this.
    01-03-12 05:04 PM
    yep, awesome phone but for whatever reason poor quality assurance out the doors of whatever factory. im lucky and did not have to replace mine.
    01-03-12 05:07 PM
    Yes, a lot of people have either move on to a different manufacture or exchanged their Bold 99xx thanks to low quality control by RIM. I had to change my Bold 2 times within the first few weeks of getting it. (May be a bad batch received by Telus Canada)
    I'm nowhere near Canada and when I called RIM directly about my numerous problems with a brand, spankin' new phone, the tech guy suggested it was perhaps a "bad" batch. What is THAT? They said the same about my Tour 9630 and I exchanged 3 Tours before I got stuck with a refurb crap from Sprint that gave me nothing but grief up until now.

If I knew iPhone 4S would get reception, I'd buy that instead...but I have read that it doesn't, not on Sprint. UGH.
    01-03-12 05:07 PM
    yep, awesome phone but for whatever reason poor quality assurance out the doors of whatever factory. im lucky and did not have to replace mine.
    Lucky you; not so much the rest of us. Hmm.
    01-03-12 05:08 PM
    When you received your 9930 did you do a device switch to transfer programs and data from your Tour? The device switch can be problematic from OS 6 to OS 7 devices.

Have you tried putting the latest firmware on it?
    01-03-12 05:27 PM
    When you received your 9930 did you do a device switch to transfer programs and data from your Tour? The device switch can be problematic from OS 6 to OS 7 devices.

Have you tried putting the latest firmware on it?
    I did, but it caused some issues, so I wiped my 9930, reinstalled a fresh OS, and did not transfer all data, except for Contacts. And it's still problematic.
    01-03-12 05:33 PM
    I did, but it caused some issues, so I wiped my 9930, reinstalled a fresh OS, and did not transfer all data, except for Contacts. And it's still problematic.
    Are all your Apps coming from AppWorld or are you installing some you have from your old phone or a third party AppWorld. I had a lot of grief doing a device switch and it wasn't until I did an OS upgrade and just installed OS7 apps from Appworld did the phone get good battery life and stable.

Another note, if you are using one of the memory manager apps, OS7 doesn't need them and you can program an automatic memory clean in the settings. In my case I think it was a memory manager causing the pauses and eating battery.
    01-03-12 05:52 PM
    Are all your Apps coming from AppWorld or are you installing some you have from your old phone or a third party AppWorld. I had a lot of grief doing a device switch and it wasn't until I did an OS upgrade and just installed OS7 apps from Appworld did the phone get good battery life and stable.

Another note, if you are using one of the memory manager apps, OS7 doesn't need them and you can program an automatic memory clean in the settings. In my case I think it was a memory manager causing the pauses and eating battery.
    Everything is from App World, no 3rd party apps whatsoever.
    01-03-12 06:16 PM
    Everything is from App World, no 3rd party apps whatsoever.
    If all your Apps are up to date, I can only guess and say it is either an app or a hardware problem. If the problem is consistent, you could try uninstalling one app at a time to see if the problem goes away. Another option is just to try to get the phone replaced and if you still have the problem, it was an app or combination of apps.
    01-03-12 06:36 PM
    If all your Apps are up to date, I can only guess and say it is either an app or a hardware problem. If the problem is consistent, you could try uninstalling one app at a time to see if the problem goes away. Another option is just to try to get the phone replaced and if you still have the problem, it was an app or combination of apps.
    But I haven't installed any apps yet.
    01-03-12 08:04 PM
    Someone just called, I answered the call (on speaker button, not even phone to face), and after we hung up, it's doing the flashing thing again. Grrrrrr.
    01-03-12 08:04 PM
    happened to me before too. a simple rest "alt aA del" will do the trick or pull out the battery.
    01-03-12 08:34 PM
    happened to me before too. a simple rest "alt aA del" will do the trick or pull out the battery.
    Thanks...I did this, but I don't want to to have to do this after every call. I get a lot of calls throughout the day.

It's still happening and it's annoying!

No fixes..anyone??
    01-04-12 04:18 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD