Does anyone know whether the new browser in OS7 supports Flash? I had always assumed that we would not see Flash on a BlacBerry until we get QNX phones but I have read a couple of spec sheets on the new phones (nothing from RIM directly) where Flash is listed. A few YouTube reviews suggest the same. Does anyone know?
    08-04-11 06:42 PM
    Theres no Adobe Flash on any of the new devices. Camera flash, yes.
    08-04-11 06:45 PM
    No flash player, just HTML5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 08:23 PM
    And if you think that's a minus, just read Bla1ze's classic response...

Not really, I appreciate not being able to view the "punch a monkey, win an ipad" ads
    Pure genius, and so true!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 08:29 PM
    I'm using an iPad 2 and I really don't mind not having flash. HTML 5 is very slick in trying to make the need for flash to disappear. No bothers here so far
    08-04-11 10:24 PM
    if it is unable to use flash, how is it suppose to play youtube videos? there is a bb exclusive plan on rogers with unlimited social networking which includes youtube. how would that work.
    08-04-11 10:56 PM
    if it is unable to use flash, how is it suppose to play youtube videos? there is a bb exclusive plan on rogers with unlimited social networking which includes youtube. how would that work.
    The way it works now is when you open up a YouTube video, the media player starts up and the video is played in full screen. The quality varies depending on network speed: EDGE obviously has rather poor image quality, along with plenty of buggering. HSPA offers a higher resolution video with next to no buffering (depending on reception). A solid WiFi connection gives you very crisp video quality with no buffering.
    925jd likes this.
    08-04-11 11:04 PM
    The way it works now is when you open up a YouTube video, the media player starts up and the video is played in full screen. The quality varies depending on network speed: EDGE obviously has rather poor image quality, along with plenty of buggering. HSPA offers a higher resolution video with next to no buffering (depending on reception). A solid WiFi connection gives you very crisp video quality with no buffering.
    I see. So it uses the BB player instead of using flash like it would for a computer. But what about the sound quality? would it differ?
    08-04-11 11:21 PM
    It supports HTML5 video in the browser and a lot of YouTube videos are compatible with that format. Chris Zielger (TIMN) demoed it. RIM is finally catching up.

08-04-11 11:42 PM
    It supports HTML5 video in the browser and a lot of YouTube videos are compatible with that format. Chris Zielger (TIMN) demoed it. RIM is finally catching up.

Ah yes. Embedded videos work in that way as well. In fact, in the later versions of OS6, I've been able to play some of the embedded videos on the CB main page. I think it loads a little faster when you actually click on the link and view it full screen though.
    08-04-11 11:59 PM
    Ah yes. Embedded videos work in that way as well. In fact, in the later versions of OS6, I've been able to play some of the embedded videos on the CB main page. I think it loads a little faster when you actually click on the link and view it full screen though.
    Really? I didn't know that. My Bold had OS 6 on it before I sold it but I never attempted to watch a video in the browser because I didn't think it was possible.
    08-05-11 12:22 AM
    Really? I didn't know that. My Bold had OS 6 on it before I sold it but I never attempted to watch a video in the browser because I didn't think it was possible.
    I did get it to work once, but it took so long to start playing, I never bothered trying again after that. I just found it quicker to just click on the mobile YouTube link.
    08-05-11 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD