Kanye West wrote that song "flashing lights" because of his blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-04-12 08:39 PM
    Screen by screen pictures of exactly what I did to save my 9930's.
    05-04-12 08:43 PM
    Leaving for the weekend, I hope this helps, let me know if it did not, and I will check my work a little more thoroughly.
    05-04-12 09:16 PM
    Same here. I followed the steps provided. My BB shows the battery with red X and after I inserted the battery it restarts and red LED on it.
    06-13-12 08:28 PM
    First post here, just wanted to give out some information I have found on this. First off, thanks to everyone here that posts fixes for the blackberries, have been trolling this site for some time now getting fixes, and troubleshooting information for the blackberries. Currently supporting 470 devices, 455 of them being blackberries.

This morning, I accidentally brought one of my bricked 9930's back to life, we have 12 of them sitting on my desk right now (11 now), so I wanted to provide the exact steps that I am doing to resolve this with mine. Currently am doing it on another one, and it is working.

1. open Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer

2. pull battery from affected blackberry

3. plug in blackberry with no battery in it.

4. attempt to turn on blackberry via power button, blackberry manager will recognize it, and then take a few minutes to install the drivers for your blackberry. Once this happens, the desktop manager will ask you to check for newer software, press the update button.

5. if you device has a password via policy, it will ask you for the password, if you don't know it, put in the wrong password for the amount of times your local policy dictates this (ours is 5). If not go to step 6.

6. once the update completes, it will come back stating that it is trying to reconnect to the JVM, but cannot, and it should show the battery icon with the red X on the blackberry itself. Insert the battery now.

7. The uncharged battery with the lightning bolt in it will come on the screen if the battery is depleted (if you have this bricked 9930 issue, then most likely the battery is dead). Give it a few minutes to pick up enough charge to turn the blackberry on, once the charging icon disappears off of the screen, you will groan, and say "frick, this didn't work". Go back to your computer, and look at your desktop manager, it probably says cannot connect to JVM, and you may have an error stating that it cannot connect. look back at your blackberry, it should have the JVM507 error on it now.

8. Hit the retry button on desktop manager error, you're good to go from here, everything else seems to go automatically after that.

As I am finishing this write up right now, I currently have 3 blackberries that I have brought back from the dead, and can re-deploy to the user community. I hope this helps you guys out as much as you have helped me out in the past.

Ken
    I got as far as the lightnen battery image on the phone waited for it to charge a bit but when it did the screen went blank and the red light blinking, the retry on the desktop manager keeps popping up please help me here..
    Preacher Bob likes this.
    09-29-12 08:04 PM
    There is no fix for a bricked 9900, this is nonsense. If you have a bricked 9900, you can't do anything with it. It will never connect to Java Virtual Manager architecture because its fried.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Preacher Bob likes this.
    09-30-12 01:55 AM
    Hi Ken,

I've tried your method but it doesn't work for me. All goes well from step #1 through Step #5 , after that nothing happens. The Desktop Manager is saying that it cannot communicate with my device. There's no JVM message or a red X on the blackberry at Step #6. I even tried inserting a charged battery at step #6, but same problem prevails. The Desktop Manager does not give the display message about unable to connect to JVM. The Blackberry screen is completely black with that infernal flashing red light. No JVM 507 error is there. I tried skipping over to Step #8 by hitting the retry button. Still no luck. I click the option for software update, it says there's an error so I get an option to select repair. It says there was an error updating the software and cited connection problems. I notice that the Manager correctly recognizes the device as a 9930, but the PIN is absent. It doesn't say "connected" in the lower right hand corner. Instead it flashes "connect device".

What can I do next?
    11-11-12 07:03 AM
    I recommend using apploader with the /nojvm option and don't fully drain the battery, that is a very bad idea and does damage li-ion batteries. If it doesn't work using one computer, try a different machine. Ensure device software from your carrier is installed prior to using apploader (via command prompt) or BBSAK.If nothing else works, the flash memory chip has worn completely out prematurely and you will need a replacement device.
    Hi Ken,I've tried your method but it doesn't work for me. All goes well from step #1 through Step #5 , after that nothing happens. The Desktop Manager is saying that it cannot communicate with my device. There's no JVM message or a red X on the blackberry at Step #6. I even tried inserting a charged battery at step #6, but same problem prevails. The Desktop Manager does not give the display message about unable to connect to JVM. The Blackberry screen is completely black with that infernal flashing red light. No JVM 507 error is there. I tried skipping over to Step #8 by hitting the retry button. Still no luck. I click the option for software update, it says there's an error so I get an option to select repair. It says there was an error updating the software and cited connection problems. I notice that the Manager correctly recognizes the device as a 9930, but the PIN is absent. It doesn't say "connected" in the lower right hand corner. Instead it flashes "connect device". What can I do next?
    11-11-12 08:06 AM
    There is no known fix for a bricked 9900, what you describe doesn't sound like the device was bricked but just had some issues.

Bricked 9900 has some short on the hardware caused by the coding and it prevents the device from normally booting through the JVM stage therefore you get the slow blinking red light.

Thats why when you send these in for repairs they send out a new device, can't repair the mother board at the facility where it was sent for repairs.

If you are able to get to 507, it wasn't bricked there was something else wrong.
    11-11-12 10:59 AM
    i have a 9930,its super nuked blackberry,ive try like ken says but when i get on "tryng to reconnect to the JVM" than come this message "connection lost,please plug ur device again,if need a password type it,and click retry" so what im gonna do now..its son hopeless
    11-25-12 01:21 AM
    i have a 9930,its super nuked blackberry,ive try like ken says but when i get on "tryng to reconnect to the JVM" than come this message "connection lost,please plug ur device again,if need a password type it,and click retry" so what im gonna do now..its son hopeless
    How many times do I have to tell you people?
    11-25-12 09:55 AM
    i plugged my phone in when the desktop manager was open. i clicked on update, then repair. it did a lengthy process and as its installing it sais reconnecting to jvm. halfway it stopped i looked ay my phone and it has the battery logo with the x. i plugged in my battery and nothing happened. light continued to blink. i went back to blackberry manager and clicked retry. it just continues to pop up and now its stuck on that step.i unplugged my phone and put it back in. clicked retry and still asked me to retry.
    12-28-12 03:55 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD