08-10-11 04:35 AM
    Was just going to post this link :-) good on ya!

looks like a great & amazingly thorough review (including assesment to put the camera worry (and the subsequent whining) to rest)..
    08-10-11 05:12 AM
    Yes it is certanily an in depth review and a very positive one.

Good to hear!
    08-10-11 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the review. This update makes me finally want to return home to BB from iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 11:41 AM
    Thanks for the review. This update makes me finally want to return home to BB from iPhone.

Feeling the same way..
    08-10-11 11:47 AM
    so means we should have some kind of focus thing in camera. right? he did mention 'close up' mode....

08-10-11 11:57 AM
    Great review! I'm ready for the 9900, come on ATT!
    08-10-11 12:02 PM
    Haha I could tell this wasn't an American review right away when I read "In North America" instead of "In the United States"
    08-10-11 12:13 PM
    Good review although it does annoy me how often people miss the opportunity to explain one of the most important reasons WHY Blackberry push email is superior to that of other phones. That is because of the way RIM pushes email notifications to the phone - they come over the phone network like a text, telling the phone to connect to the server and download the message. This minimizes battery drain, unlike iPhones and Android phones which achieve push email by constantly connecting to the server and checking for mails.

Also, the Blackberry's email notification system is second to none - the way you can instantly see the status of your inbox is one of the main reasons why I went back to BB from the iPhone. With the iPhone I had to install a 3rd party app (Boxcar) to get notifications to work in a similar way and it STILL wasn't nearly as good as the way Blackberry does it.
    bAAx likes this.
    08-10-11 12:39 PM
    Good review although it does annoy me how often people miss the opportunity to explain one of the most important reasons WHY Blackberry push email is superior to that of other phones. That is because of the way RIM pushes email notifications to the phone - they come over the phone network like a text, telling the phone to connect to the server and download the message. This minimizes battery drain, unlike iPhones and Android phones which achieve push email by constantly connecting to the server and checking for mails.

Also, the Blackberry's email notification system is second to none - the way you can instantly see the status of your inbox is one of the main reasons why I went back to BB from the iPhone. With the iPhone I had to install a 3rd party app (Boxcar) to get notifications to work in a similar way and it STILL wasn't nearly as good as the way Blackberry does it.
    Exchange supports push.

But I do agree about the notifications. I do miss those.
    08-10-11 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD