I recently installed an app. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where I could find the directory on my blackberry where the files for that app are saved. I tried looking through the explorer on the handset itself as well as opening it from my desktop.
    01-24-13 02:47 PM
    What type of files are you looking for? The app's installation files are found under Device > Application Management. However if the app stores information, that could be in a folder anywhere in the device memory, or on your SD card.
    Make sure you've selected 'show hidden' if you're using the Files App to search for them.
    01-24-13 02:55 PM
    I'm looking for config files. Are they not in a centralized place? And I do have show hidden on. I stumbled upon a couple of applications directories but only a handful and not the one I was looking for on the SD card. Is there no way to check the path of an application's installation on the handset?
    01-24-13 02:58 PM
    BlackBerry apps don't use config files. What's the name of the app, and what exactly are you looking for?
    01-24-13 03:05 PM
    I'm trying to move the state of a game from one phone to another. The save, preferences, etc. It's final fantasy
    01-24-13 03:14 PM
    Sorry, I don't have that game so can't help. Try asking in the Games Forum, or emailing the dev.
    01-24-13 03:29 PM
    Ok. Thanks anyway. Also, if I found out which module name it's under would that have anything to do with where it was stored?
    01-24-13 03:52 PM
    All the modules will be listed under Options > Device > Application Management > Final Fantasy (or whatever the game is called).
    Just click on that and scroll down to see them.
    01-24-13 04:53 PM
    Apps can store data in a file on micro SD card, in a file on device memory, or as a persistent object.

If last one is used to store data, you are not able to find or copy it.

Apps with Store/Restore functions usually copy their persistent objects in a file on micro SD card or in the file system on the device.
    01-24-13 09:00 PM