It's here! 7.1 for the 9900 from Orange UK (only 2.5 months behind the other UK carriers!)

Downloading and installing as I type!

Wifi calling - I can travel abroad again without an enormous bill....

You may have gathered by now, I am quite excited about this!
    05-04-12 11:19 PM
    Wi-Fi calling works
    Mobile Hotspot works
    As far as I am aware, all my contacts, messages (texts, bbm's, emails), and other data have come across ok

Bridge (for PlayBook connectivity) seems to have disappeared - assume a new version needs to be downloaded

Now just doing multiple application upgrades

Note: During the upgrade process (USB cable to Win7-64bit PC to BB DM sw) there were multiple Device Driver errors showing (as if Windows was trying to install new device driver s/w because it was seeing a new type of BlackBerry attached). I ignored these Device Driver errors, and OS 7.1 installed fine

Good luck to other Orange UK BB9900 users - I hope your 7.1 upgrade is as smooth (and quick - c.25 minutes) as mine has been
    05-05-12 12:06 AM
    Thanks to all the other posters re: the Bridge Issue on installing 7.1

Had to delete Bridge from AppWorld, and then Re-Install it from AppWorld (via the Uninstalled section)

Another Restart - and all is working fine again

Finally have got 7.1 (from Orange UK) for my BB9900 - it's been a long wait.....
    05-05-12 09:29 AM
    Hi All,

Just downloaded the new OS 7.1 for Orange on my 9900, and can't get the Mobile Hotspot feature to set up and work.

How did you do it?

It keep saying

"Activation required - Click continue to suscribe to a mobile hotspot data plan using your browser on your smartphone or on a connected wi-fi device"

Orange are totally unhelpfull and say they have no idea.

Any help would be really good.

Thanks,

Richard
    05-08-12 04:39 AM
    I used the HotSpot and it charged me for the data, you obviously have to add a tethering plan to your tarrif, which, I'm not sure if Orange do that or not?
    05-08-12 05:14 AM
    Downloaded lunchtime.....
    WiFi calls is excellent..
    Anybody know if this version is any better RE Battery life ?
    WW
    05-08-12 10:51 AM
    I'm guessing I can't just install this, pop an Orange sim card in and expect Wi-Fi calling?
    05-08-12 02:03 PM
    Hello all. I am no expert at this but have just come from speaking to Orange and have successfully set up tethering bundle (�6 for 500meg) and all is working fine.
    05-16-12 09:24 AM
    Hello

As per my post here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...elp-uk-724067/

I have just done this update and it removed the search podcast and add podcast manually
    from this app. (not that they had worked for me anyway).

Anyone else experienced this or know how to step it back without undoing the whole update ?

cheers
    05-16-12 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD