its running .254....should I update it right away to the latest?

Also, it seems there is a dip from the keyboard to the menu buttons...hopefully thats normal

Still debating if I should wipe all Verizon's junk off there first
    12-01-11 02:39 PM
    Yes. you should update your OS right away, before loading anything. You can make it a clean install
    Latest Official: 7.0.0.374 (Verizon): http://pcdn1-download.vzw.com/win/A7...A7.0.0.374.exe
    12-01-11 03:21 PM
    thanks! Will do.

Is it better to uninstall things you don't want (like brickbreaker) from the device options, or to use BB Boss?
    12-01-11 03:45 PM
    thanks! Will do.

Is it better to uninstall things you don't want (like brickbreaker) from the device options, or to use BB Boss?
    I use Apploader.exe when loading the OS and I can easily shrink the OS
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-01-11 03:49 PM
    sorry, how is that done? I have downloaded the latest desktop manager software and the latest OS
    12-01-11 03:55 PM
    sorry, how is that done? I have downloaded the latest desktop manager software and the latest OS
    If you are using Windows:
    1-Double click and install the OS
    2-If your carrier is not Verizon, delete the vendor.xml file located in (C>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader>Vendor.xml
    3-In the same folder there is a Apploader.exe application. Double click and open it and follow the instructions on the screen
    4-At a later point you will get a screen where you can tick/untick what to install on your bb
    5-Enjoy

Good luck.
    12-01-11 04:00 PM
    its running .254....should I update it right away to the latest?

Also, it seems there is a dip from the keyboard to the menu buttons...hopefully thats normal

Still debating if I should wipe all Verizon's junk off there first
    What Verizon junk. Most of the junk is just icon launchers, you won't get those off. You can remove Verizon's PTT, but it's not as easy as going into Application Mgmt and choosing delete.

Load 374. It doesn't matter if it's before or after activation, it's always a clean install. And since you're on Verizon you can just use Desktop Manager to find the update.

Makes no difference really. Deleted cods are deleted cods.
    12-01-11 04:04 PM
    thanks everyone.

I did mean PTT and City ID, and other things like games and twitter. Just will never use those things, but if removing PTT is complicated, I'll just leave it.
    12-01-11 04:20 PM
    thanks everyone.

I did mean PTT and City ID, and other things like games and twitter. Just will never use those things, but if removing PTT is complicated, I'll just leave it.
    CityID, Twitter if actually installed, and the games should be removable within Application Management. Verizon PTT can be removed (if you know which cods to select) using BBSAK or something similar. If you don't know which cods to remove, you can edit the VerizonPTT.alx file and make it optional and remove it with desktop manager.
    12-01-11 05:06 PM
    I set required to false and it worked.

Thanks everyone.....

time to activate this thing wooooo
    12-01-11 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD