I bought an unlocked 9900 as soon as it was released, and have finally accepted that it's not a good phone, and moved on. I've tried every OS, both official and leaked, in the hope that the phone would live up to expectations, but it hasn't. Reboots, alarms not working, etc, etc are unacceptable. BB's have been my phones of choice for years, and great battery life has always been a key driver for me. Having to disable basic functions, and not use certain apps to preserve battery life is not an option for "power users", and RIM's decision to reduce the battery capacity for this device is a prime example of "style over substance". Even given the other issues with the phone, I would have persevered with it if the battery life was acceptable, but it it isn't. I'm happy for all you guys who find the battery life acceptable, but for my usage it isn't. I travel a lot, can't be around a charger during the day, and don't expect to have to carry a spare battery.

Thanks for the memories RIM, but I fear for your future if you can't satisfy the needs of your long term supporters because you no longer offer them what attracted them to you in the first place.
    11-23-11 05:36 AM
    Good luck to you and your iphone. Make sure you carry a charger for that beast. Great phone, but its no battery miser, and you CAN"T carry an extra battery, since they aren't removable. Also, make sure you up your data package since iPhones use data about as fast as they use up batteries.

I almost just did the same thing, btw, so save the flames. But in the end, I decided on a Torch 9810. Maybe I'll change my tune withing the return period, but maybe not. We'll be here if and when you want to come back.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-23-11 05:44 AM
    n they lived happily ever after
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-23-11 05:50 AM
    Good luck to you and your iphone. Make sure you carry a charger for that beast. Great phone, but its no battery miser, and you CAN"T carry an extra battery, since they aren't removable. Also, make sure you up your data package since iPhones use data about as fast as they use up batteries.

I almost just did the same thing, btw, so save the flames. But in the end, I decided on a Torch 9810. Maybe I'll change my tune withing the return period, but maybe not. We'll be here if and when you want to come back.
    I believe they have great power pods available for iPhone. Battery power for iPhones is a non-issue
    11-23-11 06:34 AM
    Thats nice. Surely the OP should have posted in the thread below rather than create yeat another "I'm leaving Blackberry/RIM, for a sheepPhone" thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    nikolas4129 likes this.
    11-23-11 06:44 AM
    Funny you should mention
    "style over substance"
    Nothing is a better example of that than the iphone

kthankxbye

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-23-11 at 07:07 AM.
    11-23-11 06:57 AM
    That would involve "Searching" and we all know the search button is broken.
    Are you saying it's not??? Surely you jest!
    11-23-11 07:12 AM
    I don't understand what you people are doing to break your phones. I have had mine for a week over two months and have had no problems. None. Zero.

You people are doing something that is tripping the self destruct gene.
    I'm doing practically the same things with it as I did with my 9700. Only difference is, the Bold 9900 is a piece of **** and the 9700 isn't! It seems very, very many people have problems so I suggest you keep your allegations to yourself!?
    11-23-11 07:15 AM
    I'm doing practically the same things with it as I did with my 9700. Only difference is, the Bold 9900 is a piece of **** and the 9700 isn't! It seems very, very many people have problems so I suggest you keep your allegations to yourself!?

Looks like I've been set straight.
    lmao....you've been told!!!!
    11-23-11 07:19 AM
    That would involve "Searching" and we all know the search button is broken.

Not broken, just harder to hit with an iphone. Lol

To the op I can understand your frustration to a point. I'm in a bbm group with mainly 9900 users and a lot of them brick randomly, some are mods on this site.

No need to tell us your leaving, all you really needed to do was change your device in your profile. You did a good job on the post but no need for yet another one of these populating the threads. An above poster posted a link to the leaving bb for another os link. Vent there.

Good luck with it and if your battery sucks then buy a mophie case.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    11-23-11 07:28 AM
    I believe they have great power pods available for iPhone. Battery power for iPhones is a non-issue
    OP stated they will not carry an extra battery so carrying a power pod isn't kind of the same thing?
    11-23-11 07:42 AM
    I went from iToy 4 to Bold 9900 and havnt noticed too much difference in battery life TBH

The only thing I miss from the iToy4 is the apps but now also have a Desire S too that is primarily for data/tethering so 99% of the apps I had on iToy are on that, if I really need them.

I really really really HATE with a passion, typing SMS's and emails on any touch screen phone, the pucka keyboard on the 9900 is just fab!
    11-23-11 10:12 AM
    I use a bb 9900 for work and a ip4 for personal and in my experience the batteries get about the same amount of usage out of them before they need a charge. IMO
    11-23-11 10:41 AM
    those power charge cases are FUGLY!!!!

apple ip4s... issues.. apple said they will fix.. they are
    BB9900... issues... RIM said they will fix ... they are

both have issues and both are being fixed... so people just need to calm down.. if ur going to an ip4s because of the reasons u posted... then u were already WELL on your way to changing your mind...

do you guys not remember when Rogers released the 9000 bold?? it was SOOOOO buggy and issue filled it was crazy...

the negative press and bloggers got to you .... i feel the same way sometimes.. "maybe it'll be better on the other side"... then i see friends and family with androids and ip4s' and i use them ... i then fall in love with my 9900 again!
    11-23-11 11:09 AM
    Good luck typing on that thing. I did the iPHone tour and had to come back.
    11-23-11 02:02 PM
    I bought an unlocked 9900 as soon as it was released, and have finally accepted that it's not a good phone, and moved on. I've tried every OS, both official and leaked, in the hope that the phone would live up to expectations, but it hasn't. Reboots, alarms not working, etc, etc are unacceptable. BB's have been my phones of choice for years, and great battery life has always been a key driver for me. Having to disable basic functions, and not use certain apps to preserve battery life is not an option for "power users", and RIM's decision to reduce the battery capacity for this device is a prime example of "style over substance". Even given the other issues with the phone, I would have persevered with it if the battery life was acceptable, but it it isn't. I'm happy for all you guys who find the battery life acceptable, but for my usage it isn't. I travel a lot, can't be around a charger during the day, and don't expect to have to carry a spare battery.

Thanks for the memories RIM, but I fear for your future if you can't satisfy the needs of your long term supporters because you no longer offer them what attracted them to you in the first place.
    I'm not sure why you are having a problem with the battery after the updates that have showed up lately. I was using .503 and it was a huge improvement on the the stock .440 os or what ever it was. I'm now using the .540 version and my battery life is excellent. I took my 9900 off charge at 7:10 this morning. It's now 6:20 as I type this and my battery level is at 78%. I have made 7 calls and received 4. I also got too many emails to count and I am on 4g too, not 2g. I made several posts on twitter and read my news feed on Facebook. I do admit that my wifi and bluetooth is off, but why should it be On when I'm not using it?

No way will you the get battery life like this with an iPhone after doing what i did today.My wife has one of those things and she is going back to AT&T Saturday and turn in her 4S and get something else. You know why? The battery life sucks on the iPhone that's why. Get an iPhone if you like, but once the novelty wears off and you realize that it does everything well except being a phone, you will come back to where the "real" phone is, a Backberry!

By the way, Have you heard how someone sounds in the ear piece of an iPhone? Why do you think everyone who has one uses the headset? You will know why when you get your iPhone....
    Last edited by slyjackson; 11-23-11 at 06:48 PM.
    11-23-11 06:39 PM
    I hope you won't post a "Finally given up on iPhone & gone back to BB" thread on TiPB.com in short time.
    Last edited by JBoen; 11-23-11 at 10:32 PM.
    11-23-11 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD