I was having horrible battery life on any OS I tried. I was starting to think that this Bold just sucks in battery management or something.

I was losing like 9-10% per hour with light usage and 15% with heavy usage. I used to charge my battery twice a day at least and that was after the battery has settled in for 3 days.

After giving up, I went to the store where I got it and they gave me a new battery and now my battery discharge has gone down to 2 - 4 % with moderate usage.

I am very happy now finally I can use this baby like its supposed to

Settings:

Screen Backlight = 30seconds (Default)
    BerryWeather = Auto refresh every 12 hours
    BerryReader = Auto refresh for new feeds = off
    Facebook Notificationns feeds check = off (I like doing it manually)
    Wallpaper Changer pro = change wallpaper every 1 hour

Light Usage:

Last edited by technology-fanboy; 08-22-11 at 10:48 AM.
    Snafufubar and Pr3ston27 like this.
    08-22-11 09:52 AM
    congratulations on figuring it out!
    08-22-11 10:05 AM
    So, it's more important to get a new wallpaper than an update on the weather?
    rcm1301 likes this.
    08-22-11 10:24 AM
    So was it a faulty bettery? I'm still trying to figure mine out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 10:26 AM
    Mine has been great, my Twitter and Facebook feeds are all on Manual. Screen backlight is set to 20 sec, brightness is 60, all vibrates disable except for phone call.

One more tip, whenever you are done using your BB, always turn off the screen manually by hitting the top button.
    yerfgofe likes this.
    08-22-11 10:26 AM
    Could it be that there is just a bunch of bad batteries out there?
    08-22-11 10:32 AM
    12-hour refresh on Berryweather? What's the point?
    08-22-11 10:33 AM
    My battery life sucks i'm going back to Vodafone see if i can get a different handset or even a battery change.

That's 3.5 hours without use (except for receiving emails).
    08-22-11 10:35 AM
    My battery life sucks i'm going back to Vodafone see if i can get a different handset or even a battery change.

That's 3.5 hours without use (except for receiving emails).
    Trust me, that is good compared to what I had, I could easily go up to 17%. on idle it was 9% for god's sake

Exchange that battery
    08-22-11 10:43 AM
    lol. You are at a location that could have changeable and unpredictable weather.

Look where the OP is.

I can give you/him the next 2 week's forecast in advance:

Today : Sunny, hot.
    Tomorrow : Sunny, hot
    Day after : Sunny, hot

That's why 12 hour refresh is plenty
    08-22-11 10:44 AM
    Well it's always scorching hot and stable temperature here in Dubai @ 43 �C = 109.4 �F

Why would I want to refresh my weather so often? I understand this may not be the case where you live though
    08-22-11 10:51 AM
    <<Shudders>> Give me -20�C and snow any day. Couldn't stand that kind of heat...
    Look at the positive side, you can go to the beach in Winter and get a tan
    08-22-11 11:13 AM
    I hold down the 'A' button to lock the phone and turn off screen then press the top button to unlock it. You have to press quite hard to unlock it through the soft-shell case
    mtnsrgr8 likes this.
    08-22-11 03:54 PM
    Ive seen two batches of batteries

made in korea, finished in china
    made in japan, finished in mexico

I haven't noticed any differences.
    08-22-11 04:17 PM
    I have 3 batteries, each as bad as the next in terms of battery life. They were all purchased from different places as well.
    08-22-11 05:13 PM
    Whats the battery life app called?
    08-22-11 05:15 PM
    my battery life is beyond horrible. its 6 pm and I already had to charge my phone twice in one day.....wont be suprised if i have to charge again tonight.
    08-22-11 05:23 PM
    MeterBerry
    Yup it's Meter Berry, it may not be listed as compatible with the 9900 but it is 100% compatible.
    08-22-11 10:54 PM
    I hold down the 'A' button to lock the phone and turn off screen then press the top button to unlock it. You have to press quite hard to unlock it through the soft-shell case
    thanks for the A button tip!
    JoCeeCee and abuddlah like this.
    08-23-11 05:24 AM
    I�m just returning to BB from an affair I had with Android, it�s good to be back.

Can someone tell me how to install Meterberry on my 9930? On Mobihand it says Meterberry is not compatible with my device and it won�t let me download it.

Thanks for any help you can offer with this.
    08-23-11 10:53 AM
    I�m just returning to BB from an affair I had with Android, it�s good to be back.

Can someone tell me how to install Meterberry on my 9930? On Mobihand it says Meterberry is not compatible with my device and it won�t let me download it.

Thanks for any help you can offer with this.
    Select a different device, you should be able to buy it then
    08-23-11 10:57 AM
    I recently sold my 9780 to an intern at RIM and he told me that the batt for 9900s do suck and he has no clue how come some of the people get "2 days of life with heavy usage". He himself carries about 2 extra batteries cause 1 doesn't last him a day. Now you might argue that his usage might be higher than normal since its his work phone but still he admitted that his 9780 used to last him a day easily.

The employees did have the 9900 for about 4 months now and even with their latest firmware he said the batt has little to no improvements. This is coming from an intern in the software development department so I would bet he knows what he's talking about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 11:45 AM
    Select a different device, you should be able to buy it then
    That worked, thanks so much.

I'm really loving this phone.
    08-23-11 02:44 PM
    deleting social feeds helped me out quiteeee a bit.
    08-23-11 03:17 PM
    i was losing 10% an hour at idle. worse when used. went back to future shop to get a new one and after much debate he finally gave me a new one. it is MUCH better. losing only 2-4 with moderate to light usage. go and insist theres better batteries because there is.
    08-23-11 03:34 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD