Finally upgraded from my 8 month old 9780 to the 9900 just now! Changing devices is such an ease using the BB Desktop Software.

So as transferring 3rd party apps to the new device.
    10-16-11 12:28 PM
    Ya well, you're going to be surprised when your BB's starts pounding you with errors if you used the device switch feature for your device upgrade...

There's a technical bulletin from RIM about this in fact and many users have reported issues when performing a device switch from an older device to the 9900. You'll have to search for that bulletin as I know it's there on RIM's site, but just don't remember where.
    10-16-11 01:34 PM
    I had no issues. I used blackberry desktop software to switch from my old curve to my 9900 and it went smooth as can be. No errors anywhere.
    10-16-11 02:08 PM
    No issues switching from a Bold 9700 to a 9900, although a couple of apps that it did transfer over didn't work right the first week or two, until they were updated.
    10-16-11 02:50 PM
    I had no issues so far regarding device switch feature on the BB Desktop Software. I left almost every app I had on the 9780, the only apps I chose to transfer are BeBuzz, MeterBerry & BerryWeather.

Anyway, what apps did you guys buy? Or must haves?

I think I need a new battery app, MeterBerry doesn't seem to update anymore.
    10-17-11 01:36 PM
    I had no issues. I used blackberry desktop software to switch from my old curve to my 9900 and it went smooth as can be. No errors anywhere.
    Me too! No problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 02:23 PM
    I think I should back-up my phone, wipe everything out. and reinstall the apps. I'm having a little issue about BeBuzz, the default red led blinks before any other color I set.

Or might as well, update the OS. And start everything from there.
    10-17-11 09:05 PM
    Yip, I had no problems switching from Bbold 9700 to BBerry bold 9900. However I did not include 3rd party applications during the switch. Added them afterwards and upgraded them.
    10-18-11 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD