02-12-13 05:21 PM
    My 9810 broke beyond repair. So I thought since the BB10 will be launched soon, this might be a good time for me to try out one of those Droids. Bought a used HTC Sensation XE. After 3 days I got bored with the stock OS. Went ahead with rooting, s-off, custom ROMs and whatnots (including the wire trick). After 2 weeks I got fed-up. I didn't feel secured. The battery life is horrible. I find that the OS is less efficient than BB, which resulted me to become less efficient in getting through the day. Went out to scout for a used 9900. Got one. Switched the sim card. Restored from previous back up. Life back to normal. Peace of mind. And yes, I feel completely secured using a BlackBerry.

My recommendation, if you wish to try out a Droid, try to get a used set. There are those out there on Jellybean with a reasonable price. Or if you're adventurous enough, install custom ROMs. Abuse it to your heart's content.

Do all that, but never ever ditch your BB just yet, until you feel comfortable/confident to do so.

Me? Yeah I can't live without BB. I might have a spare of a Droid/iPhone/Windows, but BB must be by my side. Period.

9000>9700>9780>9800>9810>HTC Sensation XE>9900
    02-12-13 07:31 PM
    Well I just tested this again on mine and no dice. Someone said it syncs back and deletes on device about every 3 hours (which is absolutely useless). Yours deletes within minutes? Any special settings you are using in Gmail?
    No special settings...
    If you're really invested in figuring this out, it might be worth restoring the phone to factory settings and starting over with a clean slate. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    02-12-13 09:13 PM
    No special settings...
    If you're really invested in figuring this out, it might be worth restoring the phone to factory settings and starting over with a clean slate. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    I would. But I already security wipe and reset all my phones several times per year and each time I set Gmail up it works the same way. Perhaps the issue is on the Gmail/BIS side. I think what I will try is a new Gmail account, as a test.
    02-12-13 09:17 PM
    I had Blackberry devices for over six years and loved them. I just felt like it was time for a change. ALL phones have pros and cons, but some are more than others in both directions. I made the switch to Android (SG3) about a week ago and I'm satisified so far, I'm not sure I would have done any "real" research on another brand if the BlackBerry Z10 hadn't been delayed, but everything happens for a reason.......I'm enjoying the SG3 it fits my need and wants more than I could have imagined. I will check out the Z10 when it comes to the US, but the SG4 is also do out soon so I'm keeping my options open as the blinders have been removed
    02-12-13 10:01 PM
    also came from android to BB i was having galaxy note 1 it was nice to watch movies and play games but as for phone its was useless when ever someone call its get hang so i cant pick up the call and that call gets missed also battery life was pathetic some or other app was running even i didnt used them and even i tried some custom roms but most having bugs and that phone was tooo big for me but i have happy now with my BB 9900 using it with no issues great keypad too
    02-12-13 10:03 PM
    i was that way too, and my gs3 got stolen. I realized very quickly why most stolen BB's are recovered and why most gs3's are not. The location settings on the GS3 are a joke. Even if you PAY for software to track a lost or stolen device, the OS is so stupid that i cant activate itself long enough to even lock the device down.

Fast? yes. Cool? Yes lots of of apps? yes.
    Able to save itself from theft? never lol
    02-13-13 05:06 AM
32 12