I downloaded a few pdf file attachments from my email account via the browser. When I connected the phone to my pc, I can see the files, but there's the extra ".rem" extension, for example "file1.pdf.rem". I can open these fine using Bb's Documents To Go. But it wouldn't let me open with Acrobat reader on the pc. It says file's corrupted or has the incorrect encoding (something like that).

These are simply pdf file attachments. How come they get downloaded with that additional ".rem" extension?
    10-24-12 08:29 AM
    You appear to have encryption switched on on your phone - the REM extension indicates the file is encrypted
    10-24-12 09:34 AM
    Yes, I do have the encryption enabled. How can I turn off the encryption just for a few files downloaded so I can print them from a pc?
    10-24-12 09:49 AM
    i believe the easiest way would be to email them to an account you can access off the blackberry
    10-24-12 09:52 AM
    Unfortunately, the file attachments are too big. Bb would give me the same error message, "message truncated". I wish RIM wouldn't put a limit on email size. I got the email and all attachments just fine on the iPad.
    10-24-12 10:02 AM
    If the email is still in your webmail account why not download the attachments straight from your webmail on your computer?
    10-24-12 10:14 AM
    I'm at work. Info Second folks blocked access to email sites. What's sad about this is I'm their IT guy! :/
    10-24-12 10:23 AM
    I upgraded my phone and downloaded all picture files in the .rem extension on my pc. I now need those photos from my pc. I do not have the original phone or device to find them, any luck I can convert them to a .jpg? I have tried emailing to yahoo.com, changing the file extension to .jpg.rem, all with no luck, please help????? signed very angrybbuser1213
    10-30-12 03:05 PM
    I upgraded my phone and downloaded all picture files in the .rem extension on my pc. I now need those photos from my pc. I do not have the original phone or device to find them, any luck I can convert them to a .jpg? I have tried emailing to yahoo.com, changing the file extension to .jpg.rem, all with no luck, please help????? signed very angrybbuser1213
    I'm afraid you're out of luck. The .rem is encryption protection. It's doing exactly what it's designed to do which is protect your data. I had a similar issue where the encryption on my media card did not match my device. I was not able to find away to solve it, data was lost.

If there's anyone that says otherwise, I would love to hear it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-30-12 05:46 PM
    turn off encryption.....then go to the files section and create a new folder.....the go copy the file you want and paste it in the new folder. this should result in copy of the file not being encrypted. there is another thread on here about this.
    10-31-12 12:02 PM
    turn off encryption.....then go to the files section and create a new folder.....the go copy the file you want and paste it in the new folder. this should result in copy of the file not being encrypted. there is another thread on here about this.
    Unfortunately, this doesn't work if the encryption on the file does not match the encryption on the device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-31-12 07:22 PM
    It works
    Put encryption off.
    Then copy the file to another folder already available on your media card. Make usre that you put off encryption on card also.
    Just paste it & .rem is gone
    04-28-13 09:53 AM
    i downloaded an application which is zip. how do i open it?
    01-02-14 07:41 AM
    how can download the rem extension on my pc
    01-02-14 07:46 AM