Crucial just tweeted the bold touch is headed to AT&T for field testing, I remember a poster on here I believe phonegeek worked for AT&T and stated when testing the 9700 that's its a about a 30-60 processes so looks like this isn't coming out till end of june at the earliest

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 11:50 AM
    Most probably correct, yes....RE: the timeline

05-01-11 12:15 PM
    Crucial just tweeted the bold touch is headed to AT&T for field testing, I remember a poster on here I believe phonegeek worked for AT&T and stated when testing the 9700 that's its a about a 30-60 processes so looks like this isn't coming out till end of june at the earliest

Well, a couple positive things about testing it on AT&T is:
    1. The call failed notification feature should be flawless. 2. The redial/call send button will be tested to its maximum capacity.
    3. The battery will be rigidly put thru its paces from the radio always searching for a solid 3G signal while mobile.
    Should be one helluva workout.

Pearl9100 and giardinop like this.
    05-01-11 12:38 PM
    Well, hope it's more to the earli side of June. Cannot wait any longer
    05-01-11 12:47 PM

If its a 30-60 day process isn't the beginning of June the earliest?

05-01-11 01:28 PM
    This is what Crucial said re: timing...

roughly 2 months or so depending on how testing goes. Could be a little sooner or a little later
    05-01-11 01:49 PM
    Any word about Verizon field testing?
    05-01-11 04:22 PM
    Or tmobile field testing?
    05-01-11 05:16 PM
    Yeppers. The Bold Touch is currently in AT&T's lab.
    05-01-11 06:50 PM
    Well considering its not too diffrent froms OS 6 hopefully there won't be any delays in testing

05-01-11 07:45 PM
    How about the Torch 2?
    05-01-11 09:37 PM
    And who can say how long it has been there? Hopefully both AT&T and RIM see the urgency in getting the BT out! I am still thinking within May or the first week of June.
    05-01-11 10:24 PM
    1. The call failed notification feature should be flawless. 2. The redial/call send button will be tested to its maximum capacity.
    3. The battery will be rigidly put thru its paces from the radio always searching for a solid 3G signal while mobile.

i was cracking up sooooo badly. and to think, ill be lumped into that crappy network when the merger goes through.
    05-01-11 10:33 PM

Mama Thanks for the laugh.
    05-01-11 11:16 PM

Like my friend CX said its headed to the field but it aint here yet...

Really I am not offended at what you think of my test sequence, really I am not....

And who can say how long it has been there? Hopefully both AT&T and RIM see the urgency in getting the BT out! I am still thinking within May or the first week of June.
    Its still in the lab, once the field testers get them we're looking at 30-60, 45 if we don't have much for issues.

At this point June is not likely.

PG
    05-07-11 11:42 PM
    You would have though that RIM might wanna get this one on the market before the iPhone 5 (probably more like the iPhone 4S) just too keep their hype rolling. You let apple throw down first and you're playing on your heels.
    05-08-11 12:33 AM
    Well I am going to depart with the conventional wisdom that says "June's coming, time for another iPhone".

I don't believe we'll see one in June but rather late summer or early fall... September perhaps...

Just my 2 cents....

PG
    05-08-11 12:55 AM
    I have a feeling it'll be released in august like the Torch did last year.

05-08-11 03:35 AM
    3rd week in June is what I'm hearing all around

05-08-11 11:20 PM
    Well I am going to depart with the conventional wisdom that says "June's coming, time for another iPhone".

I don't believe we'll see one in June but rather late summer or early fall... September perhaps...

Just my 2 cents....

PG
    Well now that apple revealed their event in June will be about the operating system then a new phone isn't really likely. Seems like September during the ipod event will be the place.
    05-08-11 11:47 PM

that, my friend, is GOLD!
    05-09-11 12:32 AM
    Any word about Verizon field testing?
    All I know is a guy I follow on Twitter who is fairly high up at VZW has one. He hasn't been wrong or false in the 2 years I've followed him.

05-09-11 01:09 AM
    All I know is a guy I follow on Twitter who is fairly high up at VZW has one. He hasn't been wrong or false in the 2 years I've followed him.

What's his Twitter name? Mine is @Dec1968
    05-09-11 12:39 PM
    I was hanging out with a guy at blackberry world that worked for verizon and he had the 9900/9930 device that he was field testing.
    05-09-11 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD