I'm another with both iPhone and 9900. Don't forget you can always go the iPod Touch route.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 07:37 AM
    There's something about blackberry that makes me want to go back but I can't place my finger on it and I don't know why. The iPhone serves me very well but not as a communications device like email, SMS, and twitter.

It depends what You use you cell phone for? Me I need a messaging device meaning the best keyboard out thats not a slider or a brick. And the web browsing is much improved as fast as the Iphone IMO. I think if you need a communications device like myself Go BB 9900. You will not be disappointed!
    11-11-11 08:21 AM
    The only reason I gave up my 9650 is because the browser was crap. If the browser was usable, I would still be using it. The smaller screen didn't bother me. But I miss the keyboard now. If the 9930 browser is any improvement to the 9650 I would be happy. After all, I am paying $30/mo for the Internet. I should be able to use it.
    11-11-11 08:43 AM
    The only reason I gave up my 9650 is because the browser was crap. If the browser was usable, I would still be using it. The smaller screen didn't bother me. But I miss the keyboard now. If the 9930 browser is any improvement to the 9650 I would be happy. After all, I am paying $30/mo for the Internet. I should be able to use it.
    I'm telling you the browser is night and day different
    11-11-11 08:50 AM
    The main thing I love about BB is the keyboard, blinking red light, and the solid feel of the device as in the reception and the way it handles its business. I barely use Siri, the newer processor of the 4S is worthless since there are no apps that utilize it, and the camera isn't used as frequently as I had hoped.

The reviews of the 9900 on youtube and other major tech sites make the 9900 look like a very fluid device in terms of the screen and OS.
    Try BeBuzz to adjust the color lights for different notifications. It takes the LED to a new level of convenience.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    11-11-11 08:55 AM
    I'm telling you the browser is night and day different
    Seems hard to believe (but I do) since any BB I've had didn't have a good browser. Good to know RIM stepped it up. But I also hear the camera was a step down if you are into taking close ups. But I think having a good browser is more important.
    11-11-11 08:59 AM
    Try BeBuzz to adjust the color lights for different notifications. It takes the LED to a new level of convenience.
    Different notifications such as email, text, SMS? Or different for the senders of such items?
    Or both?
    11-11-11 09:01 AM
    I guess my last test is to actually go into a store today and try one out. Based on what you people are saying, I should not be making a bad choice if I went with the 9900.

11-11-11 09:07 AM
    There's something about blackberry that makes me want to go back but I can't place my finger on it and I don't know why. The iPhone serves me very well but not as a communications device like email, SMS, and twitter.
    Most likely the way the BB works. Simple straightforward and fast. Because of the keyboard and the keyboard shortcuts.
    If your focus is not communication keep your iPhone.
    steppinghorse likes this.
    11-11-11 09:17 AM
    Different notifications such as email, text, SMS? Or different for the senders of such items?
    Or both?
    Both. And you can program a sequence of color. BeBuzz rocks.
    zanix and steppinghorse like this.
    11-11-11 09:21 AM
    Played with one in store just a bit ago. Very solid device and the browser is amazing, comparable to iPhone just without the larger screen. The phone is very well made and I am loving the metal band with the composite glass back. Camera is awful compared to the iPhone but very usable. The keyboard was superb also and I can really see myself jumping ship.

But, question is, will the Bold be a device that I want to keep for two years?
    11-11-11 11:37 AM
    I still come back to Kevin's Hierarchy of Smartphone needs.

Decide what's most important to you. What's on the bottom of your pyramid.

As far as the browser, blanket statements about which is best are irrelevant. It's about what sites you go to. 80% of the web browsing I do from my phone is for fantasy sports and my 9930 brings up the ESPN and Yahoo mobile sites lightning fast. So for me, browsing is a non-issue.

It would be a sad, sad day for me if I had to give up my 9930 for an iPhone or Droid.

11-11-11 11:55 AM
    for me it will be. but i did something else. i got the bold for being the best communication device and a 7" samsung android tabled for killing time. at 7" is portable enough for me and browsing, reading, maps and whatever you want experience on a 7" beats the **** out of doing the same stuff on a 3.5 - 4 inch phone. plus i can play some cartoons on it and keep my kids quiet in the car
    11-11-11 11:58 AM
    for me it will be. but i did something else. i got the bold for being the best communication device and a 7" samsung android tabled for killing time. at 7" is portable enough for me and browsing, reading, maps and whatever you want experience on a 7" beats the **** out of doing the same stuff on a 3.5 - 4 inch phone. plus i can play some cartoons on it and keep my kids quiet in the car
    I switch phones very often, but it is usually BB to Apple then back again all the time. I like the BB for its rock solid performance. That's it and that's very important to me. Send a text, email, or tweet? Easy and simple.

Part of the reason I want to jump ship is the lack of customization on the iPhone. Android is not complicated, but it may take me too much time to sit around and customize it to my liking. BB is just right since I have used it before and it shouldn't be that much of a change from OS 5/6. The 9900 is built very nicely and I bet it can stand my "beating" since I have no use for a case and hate cases!
    11-11-11 12:05 PM
    Get a 9900 and an ipod touch/ipad, that'll make you happy my friend. Just like it did with me. Obviously, if you need or just like blackberry.
    11-11-11 12:07 PM
    If it fits you you won't. Personaly I would upgrade if RIM would release the same thing with a better camera.
    11-11-11 12:10 PM
    If it fits you you won't. Personaly I would upgrade if RIM would release the same thing with a better camera.
    camera is good just not as good as a iphones. What do you use more the phone with the amazing keyboard or camera? Camera will get you buy. just sayin
    11-11-11 01:14 PM
    If you want a better camera, then the 9810 might be more suitable than the 9900.
    11-11-11 01:23 PM
    If you want a better camera, then the 9810 might be more suitable than the 9900.
    True but the fact that I have to slide the screen up every time I want to use the keyboard is a no go for me.

11-11-11 03:57 PM
    Hi rockyroad55, update us which device you choose and why. I am following this post as i too have the exact same dilemma as you are….
    11-11-11 04:31 PM
    Hi rockyroad55, update us which device you choose and why. I am following this post as i too have the exact same dilemma as you are�.
    You switch first! Haha. I'm still deciding between the two. I'll let everyone know soon.

11-11-11 04:45 PM
    camera is good just not as good as a iphones. What do you use more the phone with the amazing keyboard or camera? Camera will get you buy. just sayin
    As a matter of fact I use the camera daily when on the job. Before I carried a smartphone and a camera. Now since the 9780 I left the camera alone. Now I use my iPhone 4 as a camera. This is kind of a set back. I don't have a very high end need just macro is required.. RIM went design over features and I don't like that. They impacted the camera and the battery life. Personally I prefer carrying one more bulky phone than two.

I thought about it. But I had the 9800 and this turned out to be really annoying to open it every time. The 9900 has a keyboard is to die for so I'll stick with it for now To me the 9900 is almost perfect except for the camera. Because I fixed my battery life problem with a spare battery (plus this really only bought me peace of mind as I never ran out of battery on a single day) but the camera has no solution but carrying another camera which is a poor solution. As a camera has way more footprint than a spare battery.

True but the fact that I have to slide the screen up every time I want to use the keyboard is a no go for me.
    I agree for having used a Torch this is one more step to use the phone. But it may be a solution. It's a better camera against a better keyboard. Battery wise this should be very similar.
    11-11-11 05:00 PM
    My first BB was the 957 back in 2000 - a fantastic device. But from then on it's been a steady decline. My 8900 bricked and was unrecoverable and out of warranty. My 9700 is slow and painful to use for browsing and has few applications.

I've been really torn over whether to buy a 9900 or go iPhone. I love having a keyboard but I'm tired of reading about some cool new application that is only available on an iPhone or an Android device.

And now all these bricking reports concerning the 9900. I guess I'm going to have to learn to type on a screen - bummer.
    11-11-11 05:02 PM
    I have and use an iPhone 4, but just can't seem to pull the trigger on the 9900. My issue is that the iPhone does everything the 9900 does and more. I definitely get more bang for my buck with the iPhone, however I do miss the keyboard and led of the blackberry.

It's a tough choice, but if I had to choose between the two, I would go iPhone. It just does so much more. Ultimately, I will use the 9900 on another line that is not being used. Then I can have both. Good luck with your decision.
    11-11-11 05:14 PM
    Well, I bought a used 9930 today. Good condition. I think I am really going to like it.
    11-11-11 05:44 PM
146 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD