I currently have the 4S and love it, but the iOS system is starting to show its age on me after using it for about 4 years now. My favorite berry was the 9000 and I loved it. The things that are making me think about the switch is the change from iOS 5 to BB7.

I'm not too worried about the music thing since BB can play music like any other phone. I may miss the big screen of the iPhone and web browsing, but based on the reviews I am seeing, the browser on the 9900 is superb compared to past generations. I trust that the keyboard will be enough to sway me from the virtual keys too. Most of my most used apps have a Berry counterpart, such as Dropbox and Twitter. Are there any users here that are still thinking about the switch and how has that turned out? I'm really itching to just jump ship tomorrow
    11-10-11 03:02 PM
    I own both iphone 4s and 9900
    They are tottaly different phone for different purposes.
    To cut this short,
    If you really need physical qwerty keyboard
    If you really need BBM
    If you really need email pushed to you instantly
    Go for the 9900
    But if those points aren't so important to you,
    The iPhone will suits you better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 03:23 PM
    I feel you. It's not a simple choice. When I try to buy the 9900 I start to feel anxiety over giving up my iPhone. Wish I could help. Seriously thinking of adding a 3rd line to my account.
    11-10-11 03:26 PM
    I can't tell you from the Iphone 4s, but coming from the iphone4 to the 9900, I can tell u that I totaly love this phone.

11-10-11 03:27 PM
    The main thing I love about BB is the keyboard, blinking red light, and the solid feel of the device as in the reception and the way it handles its business. I barely use Siri, the newer processor of the 4S is worthless since there are no apps that utilize it, and the camera isn't used as frequently as I had hoped.

The reviews of the 9900 on youtube and other major tech sites make the 9900 look like a very fluid device in terms of the screen and OS.
    zanix and Lei.la like this.
    11-10-11 03:31 PM
    Let me ask you this....who do you backup your personal data (contacts, calendar, etc)? Do you use something like Google exchange? iCloud/MobileMe? Or do you plug in to sync that info?
    11-10-11 03:40 PM
    I got the Iphone 4S after having BB for over a year. I was fed up with the crappy browser on my 9650. I thought I would love the Iphone as so many friends and family do. Well, after a few weeks, I find myself not using it as much as I did my BB. I shy away from it. Before, if I wanted to send an email, I would fire it off on the BB. Now, I just wait until I get to a computer. It is not as simple to use as the BB. There are some things I do like about the Iphone, but some I don't. Yes, I like the browser. But I miss the one handed use. Alot.
    11-10-11 03:48 PM
    I got the Iphone 4S after having BB for over a year. I was fed up with the crappy browser on my 9650. I thought I would love the Iphone as so many friends and family do. Well, after a few weeks, I find myself not using it as much as I did my BB. I shy away from it. Before, if I wanted to send an email, I would fire it off on the BB. Now, I just wait until I get to a computer. It is not as simple to use as the BB. There are some things I do like about the Iphone, but some I don't. Yes, I like the browser. But I miss the one handed use. Alot.
    The browser on the 9330/00 is comparable to the Iphone. Add the best keyboard and touchscreen would make up my mind
    11-10-11 03:53 PM
    The browser on the 9330/00 is comparable to the Iphone. Add the best keyboard and touchscreen would make up my mind
    Thanks for the info. I guess I made the wrong decision. Great.
    11-10-11 03:57 PM
    Do you own a PC or a Mac?
    11-10-11 03:59 PM
    Let me ask you this....who do you backup your personal data (contacts, calendar, etc)? Do you use something like Google exchange? iCloud/MobileMe? Or do you plug in to sync that info?
    Currently use iCloud, but BB Protect is fine if it can back up my contacts.

Do you own a PC or a Mac?
    I mainly use a PC, but have a MB too.
    11-10-11 04:05 PM
    Came back from the I4 and have been very happy with the decision. Go for it

zanix likes this.
    11-10-11 04:12 PM
    Currently use iCloud, but BB Protect is fine if it can back up my contacts.

I mainly use a PC, but have a MB too.
    Ok. Then a BlackBerry would be fine. I would not recommend BlackBerry to someone who only runs OS X and not Windows. Most BlackBerry utilities are either better on Windows (such as Desktop Manager) or require Windows (such as BBSAK).
    11-10-11 04:37 PM
    Thanks for the info. I guess I made the wrong decision. Great.
    Are you still in your 30 days?
    11-10-11 04:41 PM
    Are you still in your 30 days?
    Verizon has 14 days I believe, and sadly, I am past that.
    11-10-11 04:49 PM
    The main thing I love about BB is the keyboard, blinking red light, and the solid feel of the device as in the reception and the way it handles its business. I barely use Siri, the newer processor of the 4S is worthless since there are no apps that utilize it, and the camera isn't used as frequently as I had hoped.

The reviews of the 9900 on youtube and other major tech sites make the 9900 look like a very fluid device in terms of the screen and OS.
    Add BeBuzz and you can assign custom color to notifications
    metroside likes this.
    11-10-11 05:00 PM
    Verizon has 14 days I believe, and sadly, I am past that.
    I was not aware Verizon was 14 days. Last I knew the policy was 30 days with a restocking fee.
    11-10-11 05:06 PM
    If you can do without the keyboard, stick to the IPhone. I'm done with the Rim phones untill they better support the users. Still waiting for the promises on the playbook. It's a good phone but I don't trust in Rim anymore
    11-10-11 05:08 PM
    I like the keyboard of the BB and I think I may be enticed to type more on a phone if I have that keyboard for some reason. iPhone 4 is quite similar to the 4S so some users that have switched seem pretty content with their decision. I'm going to a store tomorrow and play with the 9900 and see how it goes.
    11-10-11 10:32 PM
    To cut this short,
    If you really need BBM
    Go for the 9900
    This is a good summary. Don't be fooled by the "wowzers, the browzer on 9900 is sooo much better" comments. It's lipstick, on a pig. The 9900 is a great phone - but still not in the iPhone 3GS league in browzing. The 4S is much better. (oh, and it does do push email too, as you know).
    11-11-11 12:24 AM
    This is a good summary. Don't be fooled by the "wowzers, the browzer on 9900 is sooo much better" comments. It's lipstick, on a pig. The 9900 is a great phone - but still not in the iPhone 3GS league in browzing. The 4S is much better. (oh, and it does do push email too, as you know).
    yeah thats true i wanted to write that as well but realizing that this is a blackberry forum, i might get flammed by those who are super fanatics here.
    browser wise iPhone win.
    i don't really test the speed , but both are nearly identical in loading a single webpage for me, maybe one is slower about 0.0001 sec but that does not really mean anything.
    but when you start to use the "open link in new tab" features , i managed to make my 9900 reboot by itself by opening about 7 tabs of web page (not mobile page).
    i never had any rebooting problem in my iPhone yet.
    to sum up browsing wise , iPhone wins big time.

but the push mail is a little bit slower
    i tested this also
    in BB the email is received almost instantly , just like text messages, in iPhone, it will take about 10-15 minutes.

like i said bferoe both phone carter totally different user group.

i own both as i need qwerty and i really need BBM
    but if i don't need BBM, ill use only the iPhone.

but then again , damn, I'm stuck with BB cause in my country BBM is more popular than phone calls.
    and my business line does require me to have one.

so now i ended up having 2 phone with 2 numbers

iphone as my personal line and 9900 as my business line.
    11-11-11 01:13 AM
    To cut this short,
    If you really need BBM
    Go for the 9900

I have both devices as well and agree with this. Choose what's best for you.

mokeiko
    11-11-11 01:32 AM
    The iPhone is better at browsing. Sometimes by a split second. Sometime by a huge margin.. If browsing is your main thing go iPhone or Droid. But personaly as soon as I have a computer nearby I use a computer. Browsing on a smartphone is really getting me tired very fast.

About the pushmail today any smartphone (iOS, Android, WP7, WebOS and even Symbian) does pushmail with ActiveSync on Hotmail or Gmail. The speed is mostly better with the BB but not always. Plus ActiveSync is a 2 way sync realtime. Far better than the BIS.

The BB is making a huge difference if you write a lot of text content like email, sms, wordpress articles, anything text, thanks to the keyboard. It is also light years ahead to file email with a BES if you company uses BES. Try to file emails in hundreds of folders with the iPhone. This is a real pain. Phone calls are also faster and simpler to get to. Because of the keyboard if you need to call more than a few people the keyboard gets you there fast. Same goes for contacts management.
    11-11-11 05:51 AM
    it was last may i became sooo excited. yes! the new iPhone is coming out. my iPhone was 2 years old and it was terribly lagging. everything was slow. then came june. then came july. then came august. ummm, where's the new iPhone? then september came and still no iPhone.

the reason i wanted the new iPhone was i was hoping it would improve in its capability of getting a signal. 3gs was an excellent phone but unless one had good signal then everything else just didn't matter. any nokia could beat a 3gs in finding a steady signal. chats were getting nowhere, my email was always late, people couldn't find me. chatting was ridiculous - i was pretty fast touch typing as any kid out there but still fixing that darn autocorrect and mistypes every so many words or so - so i never really used it for chat.

then one night, i had 6 conversations ongoing concurrently - 2 email, 2 yahoo, 2 Facebook. i couldn't keep up. and the signal issue.

then i saw the bb 9900. hmmmm, maybe i should rest my issues with RIM and go back to bb. i went to the store. 9900 looked like my old bb 9000 that i had issues with. went home. next day, went back. bought it. sold my old iPhone. now very happy.

i made the right decision - i was hoping for a BRAND NEW totally redesigned iPhone 5 in june. didn't get it. and risked that i wouldn't get it when i got the bb 9900.

the risk paid off. this was how apple lost me as a user and believer.

maybe when iPhone 5 comes out i'll go back - so bbx better be good.
    11-11-11 06:36 AM
    There's something about blackberry that makes me want to go back but I can't place my finger on it and I don't know why. The iPhone serves me very well but not as a communications device like email, SMS, and twitter.

zkyevolved and steppinghorse like this.
    11-11-11 06:53 AM
146 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD