I know this may seem a little silly being as though I bought a 9900, but but this would be an awesome feature to bring into future os upgrades. I'm the kind of guy who always has his BlackBerry is his hand and I don't particularly like locking the screen because I think it's cumbersome when I'm using it. Being that I would enjoy this phone just as well if it weren't touchscreen, I'd like to have an option to disable the touchscreen if I wanted.

And while I'm here. I just realized that they disabled the alt-delete function (the "forward" backspace)...that's dumb!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 10:20 AM
    Alt Delete works for me.
    Sometimes.

But I second the action, it would also save power right?

11-08-11 10:27 AM
    It would certainly aid in power consumption I would think, being that the screen is assumably one of the biggest culprits of batter drain.

11-08-11 10:32 AM
    And while I'm here. I just realized that they disabled the alt-delete function (the "forward" backspace)...that's dumb!!
    If you mean Alt+Del erasing everything you've just typed in a reply field in here on the CB mobile forum, then yes... that is dumb, and bloody annoying!

The amount of times I've composed a long reply to someone on here, then accidentally hit Alt+Del and lost the lot, is infuriating!

All is not lost though... it seems that the text is not deleted, it's copied. You just have to place your cursor at the beginning of the field, press Menu > Paste, and all is restored again

11-08-11 10:40 AM
    Yes. Definitely need to be able to disable touchscreen. My large fingers keep intefering everytime I use the touchpad.

11-09-11 06:58 PM
    Why not just buy one of the new curves that has no touchscreen...
    11-09-11 07:14 PM
    Why not just buy one of the new curves that has no touchscreen...
    Cause a Curve is a very basic phone, plastic, small screen, tiny battery.
    11-18-11 09:34 AM
    I'm with you. There are plenty of times I would have preferred no touchscreen on my 9930. I love the device, but I think if it were without a touchscreen I'd be just as happy.
    11-18-11 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD