Just wondering, are there any apps available that drain the battery by itself, without intervenience of the user?
    So that if my battery is at (for example) 20% and I want it to fully discharge, I can start an app and everything goes to 0% asap without me having to restart the app all the time?
    * Leaving the camera on is a good way todrain the battery, but it doesn't go that fast, and also I have to clean the SD all the time when it's full... so I have to be around all the time.

If there is any app for this, what's the best?
    Last edited by Dx3me; 09-06-11 at 09:51 AM.
    09-06-11 09:40 AM
    why would you want to?
    this hurts the battery..

but.

streaming video over 3G. i would recommend those videos that say 10 hours blank on youtube. ie trolling song for 10 hours.

again. this is not good for your battery.
    09-06-11 09:44 AM
    dude, don't ever drain an l~ion battery to zero. unless you want to ruin it.
    09-06-11 09:46 AM
    Is it bad to drain to zero?
    And why is that?
    (isn't a battery supposed to go to zero... I mean when I put a battery in my wallclock at home, I don't replace it before it's fully empty)
    09-06-11 09:53 AM
    And why is that?
    (isn't a battery supposed to go to zero... I mean when I put a battery in my wallclock at home, I don't replace it before it's fully empty)
    is the wallclock battery l~ion?
    09-06-11 10:01 AM
    li-po batteries. the rechargable ones. you dont want them to go to zero..

It is to my understanding that LiPo batteries cant charge after hitting the legit zero.
    aka zero on meter and in the batteries(they will have some left in the battery.)

just. dont do it for safe measure.

L~ion is Lithium Ion polymer
    which is LiPo.
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 09-06-11 at 10:04 AM.
    09-06-11 10:02 AM
    It is perfectly fine to let your battery drain until the device turns off. Don't do it often but you won't do any harm. In tech cicles this is called periodically re-setting the battery.

If you want a fast drain ... call a friend and talk. I find nothing depleats the batter quicker than talking.
    09-06-11 10:29 AM
    You can drain it the fastest by using the three things that suck the most power. The screen backlighting, radio transmitter and CPU!

I guess you need to set your screen brightness to max, open up some CPU intensive software/game and make a phone call on speaker phone at the same time!

You 9900 will get HOT in no time!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 09-06-11 at 10:35 AM.
    09-06-11 10:32 AM
    And why is that?
    Just remember that you throw away the clock battery after it goes dead!
    09-06-11 10:36 AM
    It is perfectly fine to let your battery drain until the device turns off. Don't do it often but you won't do any harm. In tech cicles this is called periodically re-setting the battery.

If you want a fast drain ... call a friend and talk. I find nothing depleats the batter quicker than talking.
    That's actually not applicable now with newer batteries and you might be doing your phone more harm then good by trying to discharge the battery cycle.
    09-06-11 11:55 AM
    This has been posted before, but thought anyone who wasn't aware might want to take a look. I pasted the jist of it below the link which leads to a rather long read. Basically l-ions can be allowed to drain down to device shutoff point but to go below that they may need to be revitalized. It has been stated by many posters own experiences with this issue that while this can be ok it is also a hassle as it can take awhile on a charger before it even begins to charge. So bottom line and best advice is "don't let your device drop to zero".

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

Simple Guidelines for Charging Lithium-based Batteries

A portable device should be turned off while charging. This allows the battery to reach the threshold voltage unhindered and reflects the correct saturation current responsible to terminate the charge. A parasitic load confuses the charger.

Charge at a moderate temperature. Do not charge below freezing.

Lithium-ion does not need to be fully charged; a partial charge is better.

Chargers use different methods for ready indication. The light signal may not always indicate a full charge.

Discontinue using charger and/or battery if the battery gets excessively warm.

Before prolonged storage, apply some charge to bring the pack to about half charge.

Over-discharged batteries can be boosted to life again. Discard pack if the voltage does not rise to a normal level within a minute while on boost.
    09-06-11 11:59 AM
    Stream anything in an area where you get a weak signal. Battery will be gone super duper fast.
    09-06-11 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD