@_@ RIM punk'd y'all again...
    07-26-11 08:05 PM
    @_@ RIM punk'd y'all again...
    Pure comedy! Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 08:11 PM
    The only thing that's getting punked....is there stock price!
    I love BB but this anticpation is getting really old. My phone works but I want a NEW toy to play with already!

07-26-11 08:20 PM
    In all seriousness RIM has been sitting on it's hind-quarters far past what it should have.....
    ...I believe they are now MAX aware of the soup of their own creation they are sitting in.
    ...And what we are seeing at this point in time is the best they can do to minimize their own Sado-Masochism.

Yeah, I'm sickened that RIM would puck up it's own brisket for iphone and Android's repeated "money shots"....
    ....But RIM is not out of the game yet and I have faith they will pull through this.
    ....And remain a serious consideration for "future" smart phone buyers.

OS7 is WAY to little to late for 2011 however 2013 may have RIM coming back as a lion....
    ...We can only hope.
    07-26-11 08:20 PM
    in all seriousness,this is must be a joke from rim's side.not announcing any new devices today is a total failure.iphone 5 is picking up steam and is going to be announced end of august and release early september.tons of folks are banking on it.the coverage of the release day of the iphone 5 will be earth shattering.and rim is taking it slow.laying off more of their employees.even android is in high gear with more coming from their end later in the year.this not how to run things rim.rim will be sold to someone in the near future if things remain the same.
    07-26-11 09:15 PM
    iphone 5 is picking up steam and is going to be announced end of august and release early september.tons of folks are banking on it.the coverage of the release day of the iphone 5 will be earth shattering.
    i guess we'll wait till october then o wait refreshed iPad 2S is coming out then... hmmm i guess november what wait... iPod Touch 4G is coming out. crap hm... i guess decemeber then... wait new MBP is coming out... o no guess we'll never get to release this thing... what are we ever going to do....#sadFace.
    07-26-11 10:17 PM
    Exactly. Not sure why people are getting all in a fuss when all they said was they would be sharing details of BB7FanNight. And thats exactly what they did today.
    Easy to say that after the fact. Even your BlackBerry team posted on the blog page that RIM will be announcing the new devices today.
    Thats why people are getting all in a fuss.
    bhavi_jp likes this.
    07-26-11 10:18 PM
    Correct

BlackBerry Research In Motion

You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7! Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight. ^CH

"Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight." was the only big thing......

People want it to read as something else................
    07-26-11 10:50 PM
    For everyone saying 'hey, what else were you expecting?' The tweet said to check back for details about OS7 devices on BB7 Fan Night, not details about BB7 fan night - this is a pretty crucial difference - proper use of English language people, come on.

For example, if I said 'we're launching a new car, check back for more deets on Wednesday' it's clearly obvious that details about the car are coming on Wednesday, as opposed to 'we're launching a new car, check back for more deets about Wednesday' which means something totally different!

What a s*** sandwich.

Last edited by 3Dee; 07-27-11 at 12:04 AM.
    07-27-11 12:00 AM
    ^^ yup true people don't understand English it seems

And engadget here : A new BlackBerry to be unveiled tomorrow, or so Facebook would have us believe -- Engadget

Said so too, with their source from blackberry's facebook

07-27-11 05:04 AM
    Or NOT
    Galaxy S 2 is coming before the 9900 and iphone 5 shortly after
    Rim shouldn't release the bbb os 7 devices ... Rubbish bunch of idiotic people in waterloo

07-27-11 05:07 AM
    For everyone saying 'hey, what else were you expecting?' The tweet said to check back for details about OS7 devices on BB7 Fan Night, not details about BB7 fan night - this is a pretty crucial difference - proper use of English language people, come on.

For example, if I said 'we're launching a new car, check back for more deets on Wednesday' it's clearly obvious that details about the car are coming on Wednesday, as opposed to 'we're launching a new car, check back for more deets about Wednesday' which means something totally different!

What a s*** sandwich.

uh no. You should take another look at the tweet. It doesn't say to check back for details on OS 7 devices AT ALL. You're adding a part of a sentence that's not in the original tweet.
    Last edited by barrist; 07-27-11 at 05:45 AM.
    07-27-11 05:25 AM
    ^^ yup true people don't understand English it seems

And engadget here : A new BlackBerry to be unveiled tomorrow, or so Facebook would have us believe -- Engadget

Said so too, with their source from blackberry's facebook

And if you read the actual facebook message, it doesn't mention a new phone at all and we now know it was clearly alluding to Facebook new versions for Playbook and BBs.

People should stop blaming RIM (at least for this) for blogs' assumptions and misinterpretations, in addition to your own whiny impatience.
    Last edited by barrist; 07-27-11 at 05:28 AM.
    07-27-11 05:26 AM
    Correct

"Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight." was the only big thing......

People want it to read as something else................
    We all (maybe not all) fell victim to a tweet that looked like something exciting, but when you actually take your time and read it, the only thing that BB promised was details on the BB7FanNight or in Twitter language "...deets on #BB7FanNight." And that is exactly what they gave us, and they also promised something new, shiny and social; they delivered on this promise as well, a new Facebook app.
    07-27-11 06:06 AM
    Well their FanNight contest for it ends on August 3rd. That's what their second tweet says so maybe something will happen then because that's really when FanNight happens.
    07-27-11 07:45 AM
    Well their FanNight contest for it ends on August 3rd. That's what their second tweet says so maybe something will happen then because that's really when FanNight happens.
    Agreed, it looks like they are doing a Fan Event in Toronto on the 3rd and should have announcements there which also seems to lineup with the mid-August release dates being posted on different sites and the leaked pages being posted.
    07-27-11 07:54 AM
    Actually - the contest ends 7/28.... FanNight is 8/3
    07-27-11 08:19 AM
    And if you read the actual facebook message, it doesn't mention a new phone at all and we now know it was clearly alluding to Facebook new versions for Playbook and BBs.

People should stop blaming RIM (at least for this) for blogs' assumptions and misinterpretations, in addition to your own whiny impatience.
    Is anyone here actually on twitter? What RIM said was 'You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7! Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight. ^CH'

To take the last, badly written (see above) sentence in isolation is like me writing - 'Apple will be the only smartphone maker still making a profit in 2012 with the release of the iphone. 5. I like baked beans' - and claiming that the whole message was about baked beans. It astounds me that people are (either so illiterate or) such RIM apologists that they deliberately do the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears chanting 'la la la, I'm not listening'!

To reiterate, the twitter message explicitly said 'You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7!' That sounds like new devices being mentioned to me.
    kirson likes this.
    07-27-11 08:31 AM
    Is anyone here actually on twitter? What RIM said was 'You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7! Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight. ^CH'

To take the last, badly written (see above) sentence in isolation is like me writing - 'Apple will be the only smartphone maker still making a profit in 2012 with the release of the iphone. 5. I like baked beans' - and claiming that the whole message was about baked beans. It astounds me that people are (either so illiterate or) such RIM apologists that they deliberately do the equivalent of sticking their fingers in their ears chanting 'la la la, I'm not listening'!

To reiterate, the twitter message explicitly said 'You got it! New #BlackBerry devices are coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7!' That sounds like new devices being mentioned to me.
    I'm not apologizing for RIM in any way, shape, or form. The message was written in a way that could be misinterpreted, I did at first, then someone mentioned that it could just be an announcement for the FanNight and I went a re-read the statement and realized that more than likely this was the case and inevitably it was. Another way to look at the message is to think that they are going to announce the event that will announce the OS7 devices which is the way they meant it to come across, but failed at doing so. Us people that are trying to explain the message that you say are just looking the other way in regards to RIM aren't any worse than the people that are bashing them for a poorly mis-worded statement. It is not like you making a comment about Apple and Baked beans because the statements that RIM made were relative to each other because the FanNight is more than likely going to revolve around the OS7 devices.
    07-27-11 08:45 AM
    Maybe if people stopped posting like idiots using stupid text shortcuts 'cuz' they're lazy - people wouldnt have such a hard time understanding.

Deets? Come on - two more letters yields the entire word. wtf

EDIT:

"Check back tmrw 4 deets on #BB7FanNight."

Yeah - complete jabberwocky
    07-27-11 08:50 AM

I know you're upset that the precious announcement wasn't made. I'm not an apologist, I'm a realist. What the heck did you think they were going to announce anyway? You know that carriers are the ones that announce dates. We've already seen all the BB7 phones in the flesh. So what?

The message said new devices are coming. Yes, we already know that. And then it goes on to talk about checking in tomorrow for details on something called "BB7 Fan Night". Whether or not you think it was bad sentence structure (likely it was compressed to fit in one Twitter message), doesn't mean you weren't wrong and just upset. In fact, one could make the argument the tweet wasn't about devices at all but in fact solely the OS BB7. Notice the ending, "coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7!" And then it goes on to talk about BB7FanNight, not BB7PhonesFanNight.

The only thing you could be upset about is that the tweet was perhaps poorly worded (or you that read it incorrectly), not that no announcement was made because no announcement was meant to be made that day.
    Last edited by barrist; 07-27-11 at 09:45 AM.
    07-27-11 09:43 AM
    I know you're upset that the precious announcement wasn't made. I'm not an apologist, I'm a realist. What the heck did you think they were going to announce anyway? You know that carriers are the ones that announce dates. We've already seen all the BB7 phones in the flesh. So what?

The message said new devices are coming. Yes, we already know that. And then it goes on to talk about checking in tomorrow for details on something called "BB7 Fan Night". Whether or not you think it was bad sentence structure (likely it was compressed to fit in one Twitter message), doesn't mean you weren't wrong and just upset. In fact, one could make the argument the tweet wasn't about devices at all but in fact solely the OS BB7. Notice the ending, "coming w/ our new OS, BlackBerry 7!" And then it goes on to talk about BB7FanNight, not BB7PhonesFanNight.

The only thing you could be upset about is that the tweet was perhaps poorly worded (or you that read it incorrectly), not that no announcement was made because no announcement was meant to be made that day.
    To clarify - I don't really give two hoots about what was/wasn't announced as the 9900 has already been announced (there was obviously no suggestion of carrier release dates).

My points were regarding the use of English language - on means on, about means about - to use the two interchangeably is wrong. See the example I use above (re cars) if you need to see it in print. Whilst in hindsight we can forgive the misinterpretation as a sign of the times in the way that language is used, the most comprehensible interpretation was not that details about fan night were coming, but that details of OS7 devices were coming the next day on (that's the key word) fan night.

I can't believe that I've wasted so much time writing about stupid fan night!
    kirson likes this.
    07-27-11 10:09 AM
    Chill guys. Let's just wait for it. Next time we are posting in here, we're using OS7 devices. Let's just chill.

07-27-11 10:20 AM
    You know that carriers are the ones that announce dates.
    On that note, it would make more sense to pay attention to the carrier's twitter account then it would to pay attention to the BB account. Although I follow AT&T, and it's sometimes hard to ferret out news from its twitter feed.
    07-27-11 10:35 AM
    Just got a twitter about Fannight, "winners most atten fan night to receive new BB7 phone & travel not provided".
    07-27-11 11:09 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD