I have the most recent version installed and I find that I seldom get inbox messages or other activity notifications on my bb but when I log into Facebook on the computer I have messages. It seems hit or miss whether I get a notification. Any ideas?
    11-07-11 06:52 AM
    I have the most recent version installed and I find that I seldom get inbox messages or other activity notifications on my bb but when I log into Facebook on the computer I have messages. It seems hit or miss whether I get a notification. Any ideas?
    Same here. Even with a clean install of .439 I do not get pushmessages! Or I get some messages, but they come very late! But for pirvate messages I get no notfication at all!
    11-07-11 07:06 AM
    Same here. It seems to come in pairs most of the time once it decides to notify me. It's fairly annoying. Not too sure what's going on with it.

Edit: yeah I noticed that I don't see private messages unless I'm on the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 07:11 AM
    I believe that the not getting messages (and associated notifications) issue is related to the fact that Facebook merged Messages and Chat (and whatever associated changes). I know that once that change happened, which was prior to the 99xx being launched, FB messages got really wonky on my Tour (currently I have a 9930). It's also probably why FB has put out their own messenger app since that actually works with both messages and chat.

Also, the email notifications for messages are weird. They're now combining messages into one email, instead of individual emails for each message, and also delaying the email, but I also believe that's related to the whole message/chat merge.
    11-07-11 11:09 AM
    I own a Droid X (still) and an iTouch. I hardly get notifications except on things I post on my iTouch and next to never on my android. This has been a recent issue for all people who use FB to communication on all platforms. It's FB that's the issue not the phone. I have had to log in and out even on my computer to receive notifications of things that have happened or messages I received.
    11-07-11 12:00 PM
    I receive the FaceBook notifications that I have set up. Haven't had any issues on my 9900 yet. I do have a separate app for FB chat though.
    11-07-11 12:05 PM
    I think FB app needs updation. On my 9810, I'm also getting some notifications very late. Sometimes, I can see new status updates on FB mobile site but not in the FB app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 12:05 PM
    In the Facebook section in the Blackberry Beta Zone this issue has been brought up around May and was acknowledged shortly after. I haven't checked the thread for a while, but I believe that the issue lies with the new Facebook Message system, where all your chats are saved as messages. It seems Facebook needs a better way of discerning which are private messages (which we want notifications for) and which are just chats (you would go crazy).

I don't think it's a bug with the app, since the few message threads I do get, I receive notifications quickly and reliably, but some I don't get notifications at all. It's just that Facebook is handling messages differently, and the app will need to be coded differently to match the system, that's assuming Facebook even made it possible to do so.
    whyamisoepic likes this.
    11-07-11 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD