was suprised to see a Facebook update on my 9900, clicked details and it said something like the older version of the FB app would not work after March 16 (I think) and it is "highly recommended to install" so I did and now the FB app is gone. I liked the app, but now the FB app is just a shortcut to the Mobile version.
    not a deal breaker but I did prefer the app for things like multiple pic uploads

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-16-16 06:04 AM
    installed version 4 again for 7.1.

So weird they would do that. I will see if the app continues to work, and hope it does.

Am I the only one who still likes the FB app?

03-16-16 06:26 AM
    Nope, you're not the only one,

I had to do the same thing. At least with the app I can get my notifications.

We will see if the app will work past March 16th.
    Last edited by CarlosNovo; 03-16-16 at 06:58 AM.
    03-16-16 06:46 AM
    Facebook trying to slip the bone to BlackBerry with FB app and WhatsApp withdrawal. I don't use either.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-16-16 08:51 AM
    At the time I wrote the answer I didn't know that FB is withdrawing even in BB10!

I'm guessing I've just have to wait till April 1st to see what happen and then make a decision if I stay with BBRY once more and go for the Passport SE or what.
    03-16-16 12:06 PM
    where do i get the previous version of FB?
    03-16-16 01:37 PM
    This is what I want to know. Horrible horrible update. What were they thinking!? :s
    03-16-16 02:42 PM
    This is what I want to know. Horrible horrible update. What were they thinking!? :s
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/OTA/#YouTube

03-16-16 05:32 PM
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/OTA/#YouTube

03-16-16 05:33 PM
    At the time I wrote the answer I didn't know that FB is withdrawing even in BB10!

I'm guessing I've just have to wait till April 1st to see what happen and then make a decision if I stay with BBRY once more and go for the Passport SE or what.
    You running a 9900 right now or? Either way, FB will always work in the mobile version. I use the app and mobile versions because in the Mobile version it is not a fun process to upload pics one at a time.

Will keep you posted

03-16-16 05:35 PM
    Facebook trying to slip the bone to BlackBerry with FB app and WhatsApp withdrawal. I don't use either.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    I can't survive without Facebook, if anything, even having FB for the Inbox because apps like Whatsapp are going Bye Bye and it is never possible to convince everyone to download BBM onto their android/IOS devices

03-16-16 05:37 PM
    According to the FB page on BB app world the former app will stop working at the end of March 2016, so downloading that version will not provide a long term solution. Personally, I can survive without FB on my 9900, but for others this might be another nail in the BB coffin ....

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CB Tapatalk
    03-16-16 05:39 PM
    According to the FB page on BB app world the former app will stop working at the end of March 2016
    I read the full "Summary" in app world for the Facebook app and I cannot find a death date. I will just hope they don't kill it because many people use it obviously so I guess we will see.

03-16-16 05:51 PM
    According to the FB page on BB app world the former app will stop working at the end of March 2016, so downloading that version will not provide a long term solution. Personally, I can survive without FB on my 9900, but for others this might be another nail in the BB coffin ....

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CB Tapatalk
    ah ok I found what you said by Googling it and under the BB10 App World description.

03-16-16 06:34 PM
    ...and it is never possible to convince everyone to download BBM onto their android/IOS devices
    Really. Interesting. I've never had anyone say "no" -- well, except my oldest son, and that was probably because I had ventured my opinion that "only idiots use Facebook" or something, so he was just being pissy.

I admit it, Ralph -- I despise Zuckerberg and Facebook, and that's just me; but I've never had anything but positive feedback when people download BBM.

03-16-16 09:36 PM
    Really. Interesting. I've never had anyone say "no" -- well, except my oldest son, and that was probably because I had ventured my opinion that "only idiots use Facebook" or something, so he was just being pissy.

I admit it, Ralph -- I despise Zuckerberg and Facebook, and that's just me; but I've never had anything but positive feedback when people download BBM.

haha well the excuse I usually hear is "but I have so many apps already on my iphone and no more room for more" but then I show them the app isnt that big and then I like reminding them that they need to start offloading some of the 2000 pics on their device to Facebook (even in a private album) so they can finally delete them off the device and free up some space.

oh for sure, BBM never fails or crashes like Viber did on my iphone, BBM is totally "solid"

what I despise about Facebook is if you are in a news group commenting and if someone doesnt like something you say, all it takes is one person to report it and FB employees don't waste anytime reviewing the complaint, they JUST DELETE and freeze your Profile!!! I was defending my opinions to some troll, and that happened to me twice. Annoying to add everyone back over time and then some friends THINK you deleted them, but other than that I think FB can serve some purpose.

but I hear what you are saying fo sho

03-16-16 11:12 PM
    You running a 9900 right now or? Either way, FB will always work in the mobile version. I use the app and mobile versions because in the Mobile version it is not a fun process to upload pics one at a time.

Will keep you posted

Yes. Is my only phone since the launch here in Portugal.
    Before was a Bold9700 and my mom still rock the Torch 9810!

I use it mainly because of data plan.
    03-17-16 06:39 PM

Get Face10 Pro, it's good.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 06:44 PM
    Biggest issue for me is no longer getting notifications so I can't reply when someone comments. Then there is the multiple picture thing, and you can't do check ins anymore because the website doesn't have your GPS location. Other than that I had already moved on to the mobile site because it was getting pretty obvious that Facebook didn't want to give any server time to requests from the BB app.

To those that are saying they don't see the problem, just use the site... People like you are the reason RIM didn't think they needed to innovate in the first place and BlackBerry ended up in the toilet.
    03-18-16 05:51 PM
    Biggest issue for me is no longer getting notifications so I can't reply when someone comments. Then there is the multiple picture thing.
    I am getting FB notifs sometimes in FB from the app. I do prefer the FB app "Chat" to see who is "online."

03-19-16 05:15 PM
    I am getting FB notifs sometimes in FB from the app. I do prefer the FB app "Chat" to see who is "online."

Tinfoil for Facebook In the google play store is the fastest most fluid FB around and allot like the original BBW authentic facecrook! I tested a ton! Try it! You will love it trust me... no heating upthe device either.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 03-22-16 at 06:52 AM.
    03-21-16 06:58 PM
    Tinfoil for Facebook Inn google play is the fastest most fluid FB around and allot like the original BBW authentic facecrook! I tested a ton! Try it! You will love it trust me... no heating up either.

Posted via CB10
    Write it in English please...
    03-22-16 02:15 AM
    Write it in English please...
    I did, write it in English if you are referring to the intentional "facecrook" then it went over your head! Or maybe the double NN within the word "in" which was the only typo I will fix now you grammar nazi. You know what I wrote!....

You have your period, here is some cranberry juice boy.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 03-22-16 at 02:39 PM.
    03-22-16 06:51 AM
    why Facebook is killing its Blackberry app...

http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/Article...cleid=60626204

03-22-16 02:28 PM
    why Facebook is killing its Blackberry app...

http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/Article...cleid=60626204

This is junk as why not give Blackberry the API's to do it themselves like they ALWAYS did?.....

Even when Blackberry was in the game!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 02:43 PM
53 123