Hey guys, well I have been charging my phone about 3-4 times a day
    Which is ridiculous. Also it went from lagging to freezing so I went to Rogers
    To replace the phone and/or battery. Rogers told me that they WILL NOT exchange the
    Phone or the battery. They said if I want a battery I have to call *611 and give an explanation
    And wait 2-3 weeks. Can anyone shed some light why they won't exchange a phone having issues under warranty?
    Thx guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-12 03:27 PM
    Have you tried calling Rogers yet? every time Ive had to do a warranty exchange with them I've called them rather than going in the store, and I receive my replacement phone within 2 days. The people at the stores cant do much.

Call Rogers up, Im sure they'll be of better help.
    01-11-12 04:28 PM
    Have you tried calling Rogers yet? every time Ive had to do a warranty exchange with them I've called them rather than going in the store, and I receive my replacement phone within 2 days. The people at the stores cant do much.

Call Rogers up, Im sure they'll be of better help.
    Pretty much on point but once you go thru the call centre, and they approve the exchange which they most likely will as its under warranty. You could tell them you don't want to wait for shipping and would rather go to your local Rogers Plus store. They will ask you which is the closest to you and send them an email letting them know you're gonna be coming in for an exchange. If all goes well, this could be done in matter of minutes!
    app_Developer and deezy87 like this.
    01-11-12 06:56 PM
    That really sounds good , I called the *611 and they didn't know what to say so I guess that's why they said go to the store I guess lol
    01-11-12 07:55 PM
    I am not a RIM hater and I don't want to go too much off topic. But here in Calgary, all Apple stores exchange the iPhone if it is under the first year original warranty with no questions asked. My brother's iPhone was replaced by them as well. But yes you have to wait in a line and they are always crowded. Apple has the best customer service in my experience.

I would also email RIM with a complain and see their response as well.
    01-11-12 08:06 PM
    I am not a RIM hater and I don't want to go too much off topic. But here in Calgary, all Apple stores exchange the iPhone if it is under the first year original warranty with no questions asked. My brother's iPhone was replaced by them as well. But yes you have to wait in a line and they are always crowded. Apple has the best customer service in my experience.

I would also email RIM with a complain and see their response as well.
    There's no 'blackberry' store so can't really compare the service.

Rim will just redirect you back to your carrier for warranty issues. Most companies work this way if you bought from a carrier.

What sucks is, say you got the iPhone from Rogers for example, and your contract is up...your entitled to have your iPhone unlocked by Rogers. Problem is the imei of the replaced phone won't match the imei rogers has on account. This has happened to quite a few people.

In regards to rogers store itself, rogers has corporate stores and non-corporate stores. Non corporate store have less flexibility. Eg. I'm with fido and I wanted a new sim card. At a non corporate fido store, they charge $35 for a sim. Drove over to a corporate store and they sell it for $10.

Dealing with any canadian carrier regardless of phone is frustrating in general. Most CSR are clueless.
    Last edited by narci; 01-11-12 at 08:18 PM.
    01-11-12 08:15 PM
    I guess the 9900 as major battery issues ! Usually I have no problems, going trough the day without plugging my phone. But since I'm with the 9900 I have to make sure it's plugged in during the day.

Is it normal or I should give a call to Rogers ?
    01-11-12 08:20 PM
    Hey guys, well I have been charging my phone about 3-4 times a day
    Which is ridiculous. Also it went from lagging to freezing so I went to Rogers
    To replace the phone and/or battery. Rogers told me that they WILL NOT exchange the
    Phone or the battery. They said if I want a battery I have to call *611 and give an explanation
    And wait 2-3 weeks. Can anyone shed some light why they won't exchange a phone having issues under warranty?
    Thx guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    go to the store.... they cant ignore you then.
    01-11-12 08:21 PM
    go to the store.... they cant ignore you then.
    He did goto a store.

Best thing to do is keep calling rogers till you find a knowledgable csr.

OP: do you have wifi, BT and apps left on?

What OS are you using?
    01-11-12 08:33 PM
    Call Rogers. The stores are full of tools. I only deal with them over the phone.
    deezy87 likes this.
    01-11-12 08:41 PM
    I had a battery issue, and called *611 they shipped out a new battery to me, and I got it in 2 days. And now everything is good I love my bold 9900
    01-11-12 09:02 PM
    I'm using .585 and yes I did go to the store and they refused to replace the phone or device.
    01-11-12 09:25 PM
    if you call them and complain they should have a replacement out to you within 2 or 3 days.
    01-11-12 09:28 PM
    My honest opinion is, everybody who works for Rogers is brainless xD
    01-11-12 09:29 PM
    Call Rogers and they will ship you a new battery. I had a Rogers rep read me an email that was sent to Rogers from RIM, confirming a bad batch of 9900 batteries. You shouldn't have a problem.
    01-11-12 11:08 PM
    Like "KodyShadow" said, call Rogers Tech Support again and tell them RIM confirmed there's a bad batch of batteries and you want a replacement. Either Rogers will ship you a refurb 9900 or a brand new battery.
    01-11-12 11:20 PM
    Call Rogers. The stores are full of tools. I only deal with them over the phone.
    then go to a different store... my rogers store typically just takes the phone , writes down issue, offers replacement phone and your on your way and say sthey'll txt when its fixed.
    01-11-12 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD