What if someone were to design a unique back cover that replaces the battery door and is also a beautiful back cover, providing a slight size increase, enough to give the phone a slightly thicker look without looking out of place and you could squeeze a 1,750mAh battery into it?

What do you all think?

Like this one -

This way, you could possibly keep the NFC contacts in place, round out the back slightly more and keep that beautiful look yet add more juice.

Fire away. Just a thought I wanted to share.
    09-16-11 01:32 PM
    The issue is how does the case stay on. Those types of cases just snap on to the sides of the phone. If the case moves enough for any reason and it's holding the battery in, the battery can lose contact and your phone will reboot every time.
    09-16-11 01:35 PM
    Also, an issue that would come into play, is the fact that the NFC antenna is built into the door, so it would have to have that built into it to still have NFC capabilities.
    09-16-11 01:39 PM
    The issue is how does the case stay on. Those types of cases just snap on to the sides of the phone. If the case moves enough for any reason and it's holding the battery in, the battery can lose contact and your phone will reboot every time.
    The battery would snap into the phone like it does now the case would just cover it.
    I don't think any movement in the case would be a big deal.
    Good question. I would say to make sure it stays put use some superglue.......j/k

Actually, you can add a very subtle lip (and this case already snaps on very tight) to the top and bottom parts on the front.
    you can fit a 1750mah battery without sacrificing the back door.
    09-16-11 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD