I don't know if you guys have owned a iPhone or not but i have. What made it bearable was this extended battery I purchased when i owned all of my phone's. It's called a juice pack plus. A 2000mah battery pack the attaches to the phone. I know some of you will not want to compromise the slim size of the 99xx which such a case but I'm all about battery life. I feel if something like this can be fabricated for the 99xx series, bb's already known for great battery life would be beast of a device. I emailed the guys at mophie a couple days ago about it. So you guys tell me what you think, pros and cons of something like this.

Mophie Juice Pack Plus 2000mah battery
    07-29-11 01:45 PM
    I'd rather carry an extra battery rather than thicken the actual phone.. that's just me though.

The beauty of still having phones with removable batteries..
    bighap likes this.
    07-29-11 01:52 PM
    Sorry. Duplication.
    07-29-11 01:53 PM
    Nah, can't see the need personally, but variety is the spice of life!

Of course the iPhone has no removable battery, so this kinda thing is necessary, but for a BB why not a simple spare battery in your pocket or bag? Always charged and quickly swapped over. At night you can plug the phone and spare battery in one of the numerous after-market cradle chargers that will drop.

Edit: Oops, someone beat me to the same answer by a minute!
    07-29-11 01:54 PM
    I always go the extra battery route. No added bulk and no being tied to a charger.
    07-29-11 01:56 PM
    I personally bit the bullet and got myself the Seidio extended battery for my Bold 9650, which adds 90% more capacity...and it's great..I don't mind the extra bulk...and my phone now lasts a day and a half (with HEAVY use)...

I hate waiting for the phone to reboot when inserting the extra battery.
    07-29-11 01:59 PM
    As this is going to be Blackberry's flagship device, there will be all kinds of accessories for this phone.

I would love to get hold of the charging cradle for the 9900 and 9860.
    07-29-11 02:16 PM
    I personally bit the bullet and got myself the Seidio extended battery for my Bold 9650, which adds 90% more capacity...and it's great..I don't mind the extra bulk...and my phone now lasts a day and a half (with HEAVY use)...

I hate waiting for the phone to reboot when inserting the extra battery.
    The boot time on these new blackberries should be much faster right? So swapping an extra battery shouldn't be as painful. Though a day and a half on heavy use sounds good too. Hmm. . . choices.
    07-29-11 02:27 PM
    casemate had a mobile charger like this...

it was garbage and hurt the battery more than it helped
    07-29-11 03:25 PM
    casemate had a mobile charger like this...

it was garbage and hurt the battery more than it helped
    I had a similar one to the iPhone and it hurt it also. I like this one cause it has a on/off switch. When your battery gets low you toggle on the power to recharge. My job is wishy washy. Sometimes I can cake it up next to a outlet for charging then I may not be near a outlet for 9hrs. I have drained batteries to 0 before lol. So having an extended battery is a must for me. Gets boring at work at times lol.
    07-29-11 03:53 PM
    i've used extra capacity batteries and they dont add much weight. no i am carrying 2 normal size batteries when needed. its all the same.....i just need my bb to work
    07-29-11 04:11 PM
    The boot time on these new blackberries should be much faster right? So swapping an extra battery shouldn't be as painful. Though a day and a half on heavy use sounds good too. Hmm. . . choices.
    Yeah, we'll see how much better it gets with a bunch of apps loaded.
    07-29-11 04:15 PM
    Yeah, we'll see how much better it gets with a bunch of apps loaded.
    I think if OS7 has the same idea as android to have you select apps to start after you boot your device, boot time should be nice. Well at least I hope so.
    07-29-11 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD