I bought one of those thick like turtle shell battery. Added 7 mm .

My original battery 8-11 hours on 2g.

The extended battery ..

Ist day 16 hours .

2nd day 18 hours.

3rd day total discharge and total charge aka calibration. 24 hours ..

Getting better , I will try another calibration see if it helps ..
    Maybe our missing key is calibration

Thank Q.
    10-27-11 06:22 AM
    Thanks for the report. I don't know why I get 24 hours on a jm1 with
    - moderate use
    - 6 tools always on
    - Logicmail for email
    - Bridge with the playbook while at work, otherwise Bluetooth is off
    - maps.google before and after work
    - beweather pro getting forecasts every hour
    - weather channel getting forecasts every hour or so
    10-27-11 10:55 AM
    Wifi on at all times?^

Could we have pictures?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the report. I don't know why I get 24 hours on a jm1 with
    - moderate use
    - 6 tools always on
    - Logicmail for email
    - Bridge with the playbook while at work, otherwise Bluetooth is off
    - maps.google before and after work
    - beweather pro getting forecasts every hour
    - weather channel getting forecasts every hour or so
    Did you off your phone at night when you sleep?

- Charles
    Last edited by chaddeus; 10-27-11 at 11:44 AM.
    10-27-11 11:42 AM
    Wifi on at all times?^

Could we have pictures?

Yes, wifi on at all time, I never flip the switch. At work, I'm connected and I spend less than a few hours on the road and getting dinner before I'm back home and connected. So, I'd say 20 or more hours of the day, my internet is through wifi. I never do battery pulls, only alt-shift-delete when needed.

Is there a Battery Guru for the 9930 like there is for the Playbook? I'd assume graphs or pictures from such an app would be worthwhile.

And yes, for my tests, I made sure not to connect the USB when checking life, just as I know to use the odometer and not tripometer when checking gas mileage.
    10-27-11 01:13 PM
    ^^ That's pretty phenomenal battery life melander! I usually will only get 10-14 hours of battery. I'm a moderate to heavy user though. And I have BT on all the time because I have it in my car and always forget to turn it back on when I get in so I just leave it on
    10-27-11 04:08 PM
    Any pics of the batter and batt cover?

10-27-11 04:47 PM
    I took my phone off the charger Wednesday at 9:01 pm. It is now 5:40pm on Thursday and I still have 32 percent of my battery left. That's about 2 and a half hours of talk time. Over an hour playing aces traffic pack, substantial bbm and email and web browsing etc etc...I really don't feel the need for an extended battery, the stock battery is more than adequate for me. Lots of apps installed as well.

10-27-11 04:50 PM
    I did a calibration on the original jm1 battery since last night .

45% after 12 hours .. ( With 6 hours sleeping time) .. On 2G and 3G+wifi .

Charles , try to discharge completely till phone dead charge completely and leave charger for 3 hours at least, this is, called calibration, battery pull few mins after battery full . Then start .

Do it one to two times . . Seems to be better now for me

Thank Q.
    10-27-11 08:37 PM
    Foto of the humpback

Thank Q.
    10-27-11 10:32 PM
    Wow that's not a very low key ext batt like the seidio for the 96 series.
    Looks like the old seidios for the 83 series.

But hey if you get better battery life out of the phone the that's awesome. That's one of my main concerns with blackberries is battery life

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk
    10-27-11 11:10 PM
    That cover looks like it might allow yo to do a battery pull with a bottle opener.
    10-27-11 11:31 PM
    wow that's ugly!!!

my phone EASILY lasts a full 17 hour day... even if it didn't i would compromise the look of the phone like that ..
    10-28-11 10:24 AM
    that's one ugly 9900..damn
    10-28-11 10:50 AM
    That is a ugly battery! I had an extended battery for my tour and it was bigger but looked ok. I do miss the curves battery life.

I use my phone on the heavy side...

What is the whole collaboration? Let me see if I have this right: Discharge, full charge, battery pull?

What does this do exactly?
    10-28-11 11:24 AM
    Have you tried the dock charger to charge the battery separately, and how long did it take ?
    03-01-12 10:09 AM
    My experience has been that the battery lasts much longer when charged externally (in a wall charger) that when charged while in the phone.
    03-01-12 10:15 AM
    @ nuke99

hey, that pic with the extended batt (though NOT so cool lukin') is fine when you need performance before looks ... I mean you're traveling & its impossible to charge-up. These beefed-up batteries sure does come handy.

And you can always slip in the JM-1 with the OEM cover - when you're going dating ..
    03-01-12 10:19 AM
    Can't help but laugh at the dialogue about the look of the extended battery. One look at that phone and all of a sudden, the standard's battery life isn't so bad....
    03-01-12 01:07 PM
    8-11 hours on the stock battery on 2g? That seems abnormally bad...
    03-01-12 01:10 PM
    for me i would still play safe with batteries and go for OEM ones or from reputable manufacturers. The stock JM1 has been more than enough for me.

I live in Singapore. Yesterday i went to a off shore island in between Singapore and Malaysia for a company event. On the island, nearer to Singapore's side, i got my local telco. As i went nearer to Malaysia, the signal drops to 2G, then eventually nothing at all. As i go further away from Singapore, it switches to roaming and connects to Malaysia's 2G and 3G's network. So basically most part of the day, the phone was switching around different network, constantly searching for network. Which seems to be a battery killer. I had a few dozen texts, dozen of short calls, few emails, few bbm, checking twitter, tapatalk, display is on at 10% and on most part of the day using the countdown timer for games. 11 hours later after taking it of the charger, i'm left with 59%. Pretty decent imo.
    03-01-12 01:29 PM
    for me i would still play safe with batteries and go for OEM ones or from reputable manufacturers. The stock JM1 has been more than enough for me.

I live in Singapore. Yesterday i went to a off shore island in between Singapore and Malaysia for a company event. On the island, nearer to Singapore's side, i got my local telco. As i went nearer to Malaysia, the signal drops to 2G, then eventually nothing at all. As i go further away from Singapore, it switches to roaming and connects to Malaysia's 2G and 3G's network. So basically most part of the day, the phone was switching around different network, constantly searching for network. Which seems to be a battery killer. I had a few dozen texts, dozen of short calls, few emails, few bbm, checking twitter, tapatalk, display is on at 10% and on most part of the day using the countdown timer for games. 11 hours later after taking it of the charger, i'm left with 59%. Pretty decent imo.
    Have any more cables slipped off the mrt tracks?
    Lol.
    03-01-12 03:52 PM
    I took my phone off the charger Wednesday at 9:01 pm. It is now 5:40pm on Thursday and I still have 32 percent of my battery left. That's about 2 and a half hours of talk time. Over an hour playing aces traffic pack, substantial bbm and email and web browsing etc etc...I really don't feel the need for an extended battery, the stock battery is more than adequate for me. Lots of apps installed as well.

2G or 3G or 3G/2G?
    03-01-12 03:57 PM
    They're always marked up in terms of capacity too. If it says 3800mah it probably would test at something more like 1200-2000mah or worse...

Also the warranty periods are extremely short (or none), also generally for a reason...
    03-01-12 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD