Hey I just upgraded from an older blackberry curve where I had a large extended battery which worked really well. I now have the Blackberry Bold 9930 from Verizon and have had trouble finding an extended battery online for it. Does anyone know if they make one and if so offer some guidance on if it works well. Thanks.
    03-03-12 04:54 PM
    Plenty of info 3 threads down... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-mind-696283/
    03-03-12 05:05 PM
    Hey I just upgraded from an older blackberry curve where I had a large extended battery which worked really well. I now have the Blackberry Bold 9930 from Verizon and have had trouble finding an extended battery online for it. Does anyone know if they make one and if so offer some guidance on if it works well. Thanks.
    Short answer: no extended battery exists and seidio has no plans to issue one.
    Oh and some have used a GOLD battery with mixed results.
    You are stuck with current battery; as short-lived as that may be. Sorry.
    03-03-12 05:14 PM
    Short answer: no extended battery exists and seidio has no plans to issue one.
    Oh and some have used a GOLD battery with mixed results.
    You are stuck with current battery; as short-lived as that may be. Sorry.
    I know this sucks, but we can't really keep on ******** about this at every given moment. I just carry a charger with me at all times. Have it plugged in at work depending on my usage, after lunch or so.
    03-03-12 05:36 PM
    I know this sucks, but we can't really keep on ******** about this at every given moment. I just carry a charger with me at all times. Have it plugged in at work depending on my usage, after lunch or so.
    Sorry but I wasn't ********. I was simply answering the OP's question in a concise manner.

I do not HAVE a problem with short battery life; have three charging pods AND a spare battery. I am not complaining about it. I think you misunderstood.

Also, many people are not as lucky as you and I obviously are because we can plug in at work (some people aren't allowed or are in the field and have no where to do so).

I just wanted to boil down the threads that Phill mentioned into a readable short answer.
    03-03-12 06:01 PM
  6. T
    I wonder why Seidio won't issue an extended battery for this popular device???
    03-03-12 06:10 PM
    I wonder why Seidio won't issue an extended battery for this popular device???
    It's a shocker to me too. Maybe the phone is not as popular as you think...just saying.
    If it was profitable I believe seidio would do it..

I don't think Seidio makes an extended battery for any of the new BB 7 ?
    03-03-12 06:33 PM
  8. T
    I'm sure the devices are popular. I'm wondering if Seidio's aware of an irreperable hardware issue that will result in the devices being phased out ...
    03-03-12 06:38 PM
    I'm sure the devices are popular. I'm wondering if Seidio's aware of an irreperable hardware issue that will result in the devices being phased out ...
    Very possible. I love this phone so much I don't want to believe
    that the phone is being is phased out..
    03-03-12 06:41 PM
  10. T
    I don't want to believe it either, but the demand for an extended battery is there. They're making them for all kinds of legacy devices ...
    03-03-12 06:45 PM
    Or you can invest in those portable battery charger type. They range from 2000mA to 11000mA.

- Charles
    03-03-12 09:04 PM
    They (Seidio) have made the Charging Vault. Works really well too.
    03-03-12 10:39 PM
    Seidio has reached out to me on twitter and stated that because of the codeing on the new blackberry batteries they have tried all options. They just can't get a reliable battery. I'm sure if they could they would but I know from what people are saying about the 3rd party batteries from ebay a lot of them you have to re code before rebooting the phone every time.

Just isn't a possibality with seidio for these batteries.
    03-04-12 12:58 AM
    The best solution with the 9900 is to carry around an extra battery. I bought the external battery charger and spare battery kit for mine and that worked well. I do the same now with the Galaxy Nexus. I always have a spare battery in my back pocket ready to go.
    03-04-12 01:33 AM
  15. T
    Seidio has reached out to me on twitter and stated that because of the codeing on the new blackberry batteries they have tried all options. They just can't get a reliable battery. I'm sure if they could they would but I know from what people are saying about the 3rd party batteries from ebay a lot of them you have to re code before rebooting the phone every time.

Just isn't a possibality with seidio for these batteries.
    Wouldn't that indicate an irreperable hardware issue, maybe even point to charging related bricking?
    03-04-12 06:21 AM
    I guess I am lucky, I get more than a full day out of mine, though I am not a big media user. Heck, I worked 20 hours Friday and still had juice. Though I give credit to Seidio, they make great quality products, I'm not sure I would want the extended battery lump on the back of my sleek phone.
    03-04-12 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD