Hey everyone,

One of my close family friends reports directly to Nadir (CEO of Rogers in Canada) and they said that all of upper management at Rogers has placed their orders for the Bold 9900.
    They said expect the phone in Later July/Early August

Also, they did say RIM is planning a surprise for the summer besides the phones on their roadmap. Couldnt get any more details. But if anyone else has heard of anything interesting from RIM, here is further clarification.

Thanks
    mssca and limh5 like this.
    05-15-11 11:05 AM
    "Later July/Early August"... did you mean late June? If you are right, OMG.... BestBuy is stupid to reduce the allowed stock levels of 9780s so soon....
    05-15-11 11:12 AM
    i hope its June, my contract is up in August. This will give RIM plenty of time to work out all the bugs.
    05-15-11 12:01 PM
    i hope its June, my contract is up in August. This will give RIM plenty of time to work out all the bugs.
    My Sprint contract is up June 07th, so i am really anixous for them to get the 9930 before the end of June, but usually GSM devices (most notebly at&t) get 1st crack a few weeks prior to CDMA. again, why? make such a huge announcement at BBW and wait until mid-August? I could see carriers in the US like at&t and T-Mobile getting them maybe one or two weeks before Sprint or Verizon, but no more lag time than that...and with Vodafone, T-MO both saying June 28th or sooner...seems the end of June senerio does seem plauseible.
    05-15-11 12:51 PM
    Why? Sheeesh. Compare your bank account to that of Bill Gates, then Google "vaporware." Is everyone really this naive?
    05-15-11 03:44 PM
    hope the surprise is free and will complement my new 9900
    05-15-11 04:21 PM
    august!? =( my contract ended last month i want new toy!
    05-15-11 04:28 PM
    Well,the OP did say Rogers,so I would imagine the main carriers to have them sooner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 04:43 PM
    I'm going to order some accessories for my Torch. I hope everyone appreciates my efforts to speed up the release.
    05-15-11 04:58 PM
    Well,the OP did say Rogers,so I would imagine the main carriers to have them sooner.
    Actually Rogers is a "main" carrier ... in Canada
    05-15-11 08:00 PM
    Actually Rogers is a "main" carrier ... in Canada
    Haha!!Yeah,I meant main in the US.lol
    05-15-11 08:25 PM
    Hey everyone,
    Also, they did say RIM is planning a surprise for the summer besides the phones on their roadmap.
    Thanks
    I can't think of anything "surprise" from RIM other than just another delay, but the rumoured 10" PB maybe?
    05-15-11 08:42 PM
    Thats interesting I wish I was a roger exec....
    05-15-11 08:43 PM
    Haha!!Yeah,I meant main in the US.lol
    Admittedly I'm not sure how all that works but RIM is a Canadian company themselves so why would they give US carriers priority over their native Canadian carriers? That doesn't make much sense to me maaaaaaaannnnn!

05-15-11 08:51 PM
    I can't think of anything "surprise" from RIM other than just another delay, but the rumoured 10" PB maybe?
    I would think that "surprise" indicates something that isn't floating around out there, no?

05-15-11 08:53 PM
    Admittedly I'm not sure how all that works but RIM is a Canadian company themselves so why would they give US carriers priority over their native Canadian carriers? That doesn't make much sense to me maaaaaaaannnnn!

Because its CANADA and we all know that Canada doesn't matter.LOL!!!
    05-15-11 08:53 PM

Sorry but its about the size of the market. I believe there are more Blackberries in the US than in Canada.

PG
    05-15-11 09:14 PM
    For real? I don't want to wait that long... Life ain't fair!
    05-15-11 09:49 PM
    Let's not get into a Canada vs US war here. In the history of the "Bold" name, RIM has released them to Canada first. So we'll see if RIM does the same this time around.
    05-15-11 10:18 PM
    Sorry but its about the size of the market. I believe there are more Blackberries in the US than in Canada.

PG
    I believe so.
    That fact that Rogers, of all other Canadian carries, usually gets the first crack at it is simply because Rogers/RIM are close-by each other for the convenience in testing etc, and IIRC Rogers was the one who took the initial risk of taking delivery of RIM's first 2 way pager (or something) when RIM was just a struggling startup. I don't think it is more than just a courtesy matter.
    05-15-11 10:32 PM
    I bet it is a Torch type phone for VZ with Landscape keyboard. Just a guess.
    05-16-11 01:23 AM
    Let's not get into a Canada vs US war here. In the history of the "Bold" name, RIM has released them to Canada first. So we'll see if RIM does the same this time around.
    Who's getting into a war?It was a joke.Simple as that really.I love Canada.
    05-16-11 07:56 AM
    Actually Rogers often tends to get stuff in the stores sooner as their internal testing seems to take less time than that of at&t or tmo-us.

The odds are that they would get hw at the same time and not ahead of american carriers.
    05-16-11 08:07 AM
    This would make me very excited, except replace VZ with Sprint for myself, but definitely would like to see some iteration of the Torch on a CDMA carrier and that would definitely be a surprise that hasn't been leaked.
    05-16-11 08:57 AM
    WELL, that would certainly be a great suprise. I love my keyboard but eyes need a larger screen. I will be first in line for that phone if it happens.
    May have to settle for the Touch (Monaco/Monza) when it releases.
    05-16-11 09:11 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD