• Bold 9780

8 16.33%
  • Bold 9900

38 77.55%
  • Torch 9800/9810

0 0%
  • Neither

3 6.12%
    The title says it all. I loved the 9900 keyboard & the touch screen BUT in my personal opinion the Bold should be about the Relability first & the Battery is key to that. A touch screen Bold is a nice idea but i dont think its possible to have a Touch Screen with a great battery And im also willing to sacrafice thiness to keep autofocus on the camera so i'll go back to what i originally said on another thread & claim the 9780 is the the greatest BlackBerry & thats why ive switched back & appreciate this phone more than i did before getting the 9900. PERFECT BB. End of.
    11-05-11 04:09 PM
    would have to agree with you completely...9780 better size, battery and touchscreen isnt all the useful on a blackberry w keyboard.

sold my 9930 today! if i am going to have to charge my phone in the afternoon i might as well use my i4s and have a nice screen and browser...
    11-05-11 04:21 PM
    Yeah its not good when your phone is close to dying at 2pm when you've still got the rest of the day ahead of you. I don't agree with having to turn off wifi, 3g etc etc either as my 9780 is proving right now I took it off charge at 10pm 4/11/11 its now approaching 10pm 5/11/11 & I've got 25% battery left after a lot of use & wifi & 3g on the whole time as well as Twitter & Facebook & my Sky Sports app running with notifications & I'm ready to put it back on charge now. Reliable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-11 04:33 PM
    I couldn't disagree more.
    I threw my 9780 in the drawer the day I got my 9900 and I haven't used it since.
    I could never go back to that tiny screen. It's amazing how big a difference .4 inches makes.
    Add to that Liquid Graphics, Touch Screen, OS7, non-stuttering key board, thinner, better looking (I have people compliment the looks of the 9900 almost daily. Never had one compliment on the 9780 in almost a year of ownership).
    I charge my phone at night while I'm sleeping. I don't have to plug it in during the day, so that's all I can ask of a battery.
    9900 takes great pictures. I'm not a professional photog so maybe I just don't need anything better (although I'm not opposed to constant improvement).

For me it's a no-brainer. When it comes to the 9900 vs 9780, it will be the 9900 on top every time.
    There is absolutely nothing the 9780 does better than the 9900 for my purposes. Did I mention how nice the 9900 keyboard is?
    11-05-11 11:11 PM
    I had an 8900 and gave it to my son when I upgraded. I just changed my ISP and was setting up the wifi on the curve for him. I couldn't go back to that with the small screen. I really liked my curve but I much prefer the 9900. I have loaded .474 to see if it changes anything and have just bought my second charging pod. I have one for my bedside and the second one is for my desk, as I had with my curve......the only thing I would like to see on the phone is the ability to sync while the dock without a cable..
    11-06-11 01:10 AM
    I personally thought the 9700 series was the worst blackberrys ever made. Storm included. Felt cheap, slow, plasticy. I thought it should ahve been called

THE CURVE 3G! or 3G Curve + something to that nature.

Hate 97xx with a passion. When BB made it...I was like why are they whorrring the name BOLD on this thing!?!
    drfever likes this.
    11-06-11 01:24 AM
    I think I have gotten used to the size. And agree, the 9900 is a beast. I hardly use my pc now. I only loaded my current hybrid to the 9780 to confirm that there is nothing wrong with the OS.

Nope - I think I am happy with the decision of 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-06-11 03:02 AM
    agree... I love 9780, I was using 9700 and When the Onyx 2 launched I bought it and stick with it, I love the keyboard, Battery Life.. hmm Longer than First my First bold 9000
    i would Like to Try 9900... but I think.. Not now..
    11-06-11 03:56 AM
    About the battery the only solution by RIM is the spare with charger. Which is ok as the battery is so thin.
    About the lack of autofocus there is no solution. You can still have text readable but not any size. They could have at leat upgraded to 8MP to make text non macro pictures more readable with zoom.
    RIM seems to always fall short one way or another. Anyway I won't go back to the 9780. I loved it but the 9900 gives me a better keyboard, browser, screen, speed.
    11-06-11 07:10 AM
    Just found out another big battery leak ..

Delete whatsapp and I definitely got over a day .. From dakota

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-06-11 07:49 AM
    I turned off 3G and only use 2G. No noticeable delay on email or anything. Battery life is greatly improved. I'm happy with my 9930.
    11-06-11 08:12 AM
    I couldn't disagree more.
    I threw my 9780 in the drawer the day I got my 9900 and I haven't used it since.
    I could never go back to that tiny screen. It's amazing how big a difference .4 inches makes.
    Add to that Liquid Graphics, Touch Screen, OS7, non-stuttering key board, thinner, better looking (I have people compliment the looks of the 9900 almost daily. Never had one compliment on the 9780 in almost a year of ownership).
    I charge my phone at night while I'm sleeping. I don't have to plug it in during the day, so that's all I can ask of a battery.
    9900 takes great pictures. I'm not a professional photog so maybe I just don't need anything better (although I'm not opposed to constant improvement).

For me it's a no-brainer. When it comes to the 9900 vs 9780, it will be the 9900 on top every time.
    There is absolutely nothing the 9780 does better than the 9900 for my purposes. Did I mention how nice the 9900 keyboard is?
    I've had the 9900 since August and not a single person has "oh what a lovely phone..."

I'm sure you get daily compliments though.

LoL
    11-06-11 08:17 AM
    Had the 9780 for a short period of time and hated the size of it. Maybe it's my fat fingers but going from an iPhone to the 9780 was horrible with emails, surfing, and typing. I absolutely love my 9900. It's finally the first blackberry that doesn't have me wanting something else after the "newness" wears off. Maybe it's because I don't play games or lots of apps other than the native ones, but my battery life has been as good if not better than the 9780.
    11-06-11 08:35 AM
    Also note that my opinion is based totally on the fact that i only use it as a communication tool & an Organiser, i do not use it for surfing the net in which case the 9780 is horrible. I just finf that its size, battery & keyboard as well as general BB features sych as Calendar, memopad, word substitution etc etc make it a communication dream.
    11-07-11 03:03 AM
    I turned off 3G and only use 2G. No noticeable delay on email or anything. Battery life is greatly improved. I'm happy with my 9930.
    This is the greatest battery saving setting :-)

Also note that my opinion is based totally on the fact that i only use it as a communication tool & an Organiser, i do not use it for surfing the net in which case the 9780 is horrible. I just finf that its size, battery & keyboard as well as general BB features sych as Calendar, memopad, word substitution etc etc make it a communication dream.
    With 9900 on 2G only can't you get a decent battery life? Because as a communication device 2G only is enough.
    But I agree the 9780 as a communication device is really great. But battery life aside I feel the 9900 is even better.
    11-07-11 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD