I have been seeing some info starting to go around about Sprint and EVDO Rev. B. Does anyone know if the 9930 supports it? Is it a big deal? Is it a software thing, hardware thing, or both. Just curious.
    09-23-11 12:11 PM
    I have been seeing some info starting to go around about Sprint and EVDO Rev. B. Does anyone know if the 9930 supports it? Is it a big deal? Is it a software thing, hardware thing, or both. Just curious.
    I have never heard of it.
    09-23-11 12:22 PM
    What is Rev B
    09-23-11 12:26 PM
    i spent some time trying to get an answer to this question this morning. i never really found anything conclusive. it appears that the chip (qualcomm s2 msm8655) is revB capable. as far as what would need to be done to enable it, i have no idea.
    09-23-11 12:28 PM
    Rev B is the next generation of 3G EVDO technology:

EV-DO Rev A enables broadband access in cellular networks
    using only 1.25 MHz of paired spectrum. As a result, operators can grow capacity linearly by enabling Rev A on additional 1.25 MHz carriers. For example, twice the number of subscribers can be served by enabling Rev A on a second carrier. However, growing
    capacity by enabling Rev A on additional carriers does not fully utilize the available
    spectrum. Since user traffic continues to flow over a single carrier, an additional carrier
    increases user capacity, but users still experience the same network performance as with
    one Rev A carrier.
    Rev B, on the other hand, allows user traffic to flow over more than one carrier. This
    improves user data rates and transaction latencies, on both forward link and reverse link, in proportion to the number of carriers used – when serving the same number of subscribers as Rev A on same number of carriers. This is a dramatic improvement in user experience relative to a Rev A system. A simple way to see this improvement is to compare peak user rates in Rev B vs. Rev A
    http://www.cdg.org/resources/files/w...023-Oct-06.pdf
    09-23-11 01:41 PM
    And Rev 0 is the predicessor.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 02:33 PM
    Any new info on whether Sprint is even going to roll out the Rev B upgrade? They need to and this would greatly improve their struggling 3G network. I think they should use it also as a stop gab solution while the kill off WiMax and prepare for LTE.
    01-21-12 12:32 PM
    Any new info on whether Sprint is even going to roll out the Rev B upgrade? They need to and this would greatly improve their struggling 3G network. I think they should use it also as a stop gab solution while the kill off WiMax and prepare for LTE.
    On the Sprint Community forums, a Sprint tech said (basically) they aren't going to waste their time upgrading to EVDO Rev. B and going to focus on LTE.
    For Sprint to complete an upgrade to Rev B, We would implement software deployments, then hardware upgrades at cell sites, then we would have to ask HTC, and Apple in your cited device example to rewrite the phones' ROMs to support EVDO Rev B, because of Sprint Network Vision, and our plans to upgrade to LTE, I can say with some confidence, that we will not be upgrading from Rev A to Rev B. LTE will expand more steadily, and completely than Wimax had for several reasons. All of this and not to mention that a rev A capable phone will see the same benefits in LTE upgrade as it would with a Rev B upgrade of the network.
    Why isn't there a plan to upgrade the 3G network to Multicarrier EV-DO and EV-DO Revision B?
    01-21-12 12:42 PM
    I read this here: Sprint also announcing an Upgrade to Rev B on Oct 7
    01-21-12 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD