Does anyone have an ETA for the Telus Wifi Hotspot OS to be released?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 01:31 PM
    February is the word. Not only Telus but everyone. Hopefully sooner.
    11-13-11 01:33 PM
    Thanks!!

11-13-11 01:45 PM
    Feb 2012 or 13?

Atakan likes this.
    11-14-11 01:51 AM
    The rest of the world may have it in 2012, but if its from Telus, it will be 2015 before they release it!
    11-14-11 12:59 PM
    Wasnt 7.1 supposed to be released in november?
    11-14-11 01:37 PM
    Take everything you read about future software releases with a grain of salt...it could be November, February or never.
    11-14-11 01:59 PM
    do you think rogers will have it too?
    11-16-11 10:04 AM
    I am tired of waiting for this update so today I'm going to forget about it and spend some time waiting for my Playbook update.
    11-16-11 11:40 AM
    I have been with Telus for a while now, and they seem really slow at releasing OS updates. I mean how many updates have been released for the current crop of BB's, Telus hasn't released one.
    11-16-11 12:01 PM
    As far as I know, Telus already push service books for wifi hotspot to ALL customers who pay for BIS. So, even Telus doesn't release the OS 7.1, if you load the leaked OS 7.1 to a Telus Bold 9900, you will get the service books.

Telus already said that they will provide wifi hotspot without any additional charge anyway. I am also looking forward to get my hands on OS 7.1 leak.
    11-16-11 12:09 PM
    do you think rogers will have it too?
    Rogers said nothing about hotspots on BBs. So, they MAY be looking in to charging additional fees for those of you who want to use it. I have a feeling that since Telus and Bell provide it under their regular BIS plans, it will be free on Rogers or they will lose some customers. Then again, I have no idea about Rogers, I only know Telus thanks to my connections in there. LOL
    11-16-11 12:13 PM
    This may be slightly off topic (still new to BB world), but what if you don't have BIS? I setup BESexpress for small office. Do I need to modify "service books" or anything like that for the Wifi hotspot feature to be available to BESx users? Thanks!
    01-09-12 11:21 AM
    Hopefully not too long to wait now after the announcement today from RIM.
    01-09-12 04:24 PM
    I am with TELUS and was running the older leaked version for a couple weeks with WIFI Hotspot and now have the new leaked version on which is much better!

If you are with TELUS and want WIFI Hotspot ....just install the leaked version and you are good to go!
    Brisco88 likes this.
    01-09-12 05:34 PM
    I am with TELUS and was running the older leaked version for a couple weeks with WIFI Hotspot and now have the new leaked version on which is much better!

If you are with TELUS and want WIFI Hotspot ....just install the leaked version and you are good to go!
    ^^^^^
    What he said! The latest leaked version is smooth - much smoother than the original one IMO. WIFI Hotspot is sweet! Just an all around good os!
    01-09-12 05:44 PM
    How fast does it seem compared to blue tooth tethering or an Apple or Android device with the Hot Spot???
    01-09-12 09:16 PM
    I've been tempted to run a leaked version but now that we're this close to the release I'm going to hold off for the official.
    01-10-12 08:08 AM
    But will BES work with the leaked version as it's confirmed BIS will work!?!?
    01-15-12 01:30 AM
    yes, BES will work......i am on it and use wifi hotspot....i have connected my laptop, my playbook, my touchpad and my daughter's ipod to it.
    01-15-12 07:30 AM
    yes, BES will work......i am on it and use wifi hotspot....i have connected my laptop, my playbook, my touchpad and my daughter's ipod to it.
    +1 on this. I am on the 6gb plan and checked my data usage and saw no charges for surfing on my Playbook through wifi hotspot.
    01-15-12 09:35 AM
    I've been tempted to run a leaked version but now that we're this close to the release I'm going to hold off for the official.
    It would be the same and given the Telus OS release history, you will most likely end up with a much older OS version than the latest leak. I would go for the leak because no where in Telus contract agreement it state you are not allow to install leaked OS on your phone. (You are not breaking Telus rules).

I think when Telus release the OS 7.1, we will have a much higher version of an OS 7.1 leaked with performance improvements.

I have leaked OS 7.1 and I even went in to Calgary Telus main office and got help with an email propagation issue. They know I had OS 7.1 and the tech guy no issues with that. It depend on who you talk to in Telus. Technically, it is not against Telus policies to load a leaked OS.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 01-15-12 at 09:58 AM.
    01-15-12 09:56 AM
    Is there a complete newbee guide to upgrading to OS 7.1 ? Assuming a different carrier than the one offering the 7.1 download.
    01-16-12 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD