When I plug in my blackberry 9930 a driver installation window pops up installing MTP USB Device.

It continually fails. I have sent an image along with the message.

Even if I remove the micro sd card from the device it still does this same sequence and fails..I have removed and reloaded the Desktiop manager software and also wiped the device and reloaded the device software which did not help I am wondering if this is a windows error of some kind? Where is the driver I need that works? Has anyone ever seen this one?

Thanks
    Joe D.
    09-05-12 08:41 AM
    Are you using the newest Blackberry Desktop Manager? When you plug it in, it should automatically detect as a Blackberry, not a MTP USB device. It only does that WHEN BDM and the drivers are not installed.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-05-12 08:53 AM
    I have had it where it detects it as Blackberry and adds it ok and then below that it still tries to intall the MTP USB Device.

If you say it may be the version of DTM ..I believe I am using the newest version. I have removed and re-installed it but maybe there is a better way to make sure everything gets removed properly ..when uninstalling it. Thoughts? I am going to try it on another laptop and see what comes up and will post. Thanks for helping. : )
    09-05-12 11:34 AM
    Well, try it on another laptop. If it works, manually go into device manager and remove the RIM drivers. Then try reinstalling. I'm currently using the 7.1 beta, but it shouldn't make a difference
    09-05-12 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD