Hi all,

I had just purchased my brand new 9900. After doing a device switch, which is the first thing I did with my 9900, I find that the "BlackBerry Messenger" is missing from my 9900. Also, every time I try downloading it from the App World it shows the "Please Wait" sign for hours and would not move on. I tried restarting, battery pull and even memory wipe, but every time I launched App World to download BBM, it still gives me the "Please Wait" sign..

What's wrong with my device?

Is there a way to fix it?

For now I am back using my 9700..

Thanks..
    09-15-11 09:06 PM
    1 more thing, the App world shows an error id: 40710.

I tried Googling but no avail.. Please help..
    09-15-11 09:07 PM
    FYI doing a device switch from an older OS to a newer one usually causes problems
    09-15-11 09:14 PM
    So how do I fix it? I already did memory wipe but no avail.. Pls help..
    09-15-11 09:16 PM
    So on the cleanly wiped device (without restoring data) can you access appworld?
    09-15-11 09:19 PM
    No I can't.. Everything is fine except AppWorld.. It keeps showing "Please Wait" sign..
    09-15-11 09:21 PM
    Try re-downloading appworld from mobile.blackberry.com, is it the same version as on the device or is there a newer one?
    09-15-11 09:23 PM
    I did it already.. In the device it was version 2.x.x... Then I installed version 3.0.. After memory wipe, strangely, it is still version 3.0 that's in the device..

No luck..
    09-15-11 09:25 PM
    I did it already.. In the device it was version 2.x.x... Then I installed version 3.0.. After memory wipe, strangely, it is still version 3.0 that's in the device..

No luck..
    Maybe your OS install is screwed up. You can redownload the OS to your PC, install it, and reinstall the OS to the phone.
    09-15-11 09:29 PM
    I bought a brand new 9850 and did a 'switch device' from a curve 9300. Just like you everything worked except for app world. I had to remove and reinstall Blackberry Protect. Then it will ask you to put in your blackberry ID. Once you do that, app world should work. This is what I did to get my device working.
    09-15-11 09:36 PM
    Oh well.. I guess there is no way out beside that... What's wrong with this phone, why can't App World download anything... Weird
    09-15-11 09:36 PM
    do you use wifi while connecting to appworld?
    first sign in bbid into appworld has to be done thru wifi. otherwise there will be all sorts of problem. even then i tried 6 times until i can get signed in..its just slow.
    09-15-11 09:38 PM
    do you use wifi while connecting to appworld?
    first sign in bbid into appworld has to be done thru wifi. otherwise there will be all sorts of problem. even then i tried 6 times until i can get signed in..its just slow.
    No I use 3G.. There is no WiFi in my house. So are you suggesting that I should use WiFi?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 10:21 PM
    I bought a brand new 9850 and did a 'switch device' from a curve 9300. Just like you everything worked except for app world. I had to remove and reinstall Blackberry Protect. Then it will ask you to put in your blackberry ID. Once you do that, app world should work. This is what I did to get my device working.
    Glad to have someone who used to be in my shoes. Let me try if removing blackberry protect works. Do u use AppWorld 3.0 too? Should I use WiFi or 3G to connect to AppWorld?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-11 10:23 PM
    yes you definitely need wifi to get to appworld especially for the first time sign-in.
    I have experienced this myself yesterday when i bought 2 9900s.
    go get wifi connection somewhere and try signin in.
    09-15-11 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD