I think I'm alright now but don't count on it after the Capt Kirk thing..... I miss read the article. 'Big night last night.

I got into trouble with the Poynt app after upping to 7.1 on DM, I have since posted the fix. However during my journey downgrading and upgrading my Verizon 9930 between 7.0 and 7.1 on DM, I had a continuous problem. Every time during a software load it would stall at the JVM junction, which would then give me error 507. Within 2-3 minutes DM would tell me to unplug and reconnect and hit the try again button. I followed these steps and the process continued without a hitch. This exact scenario has occured every single time, I was talking to Verizon about another issue and mentioned this situation. The Rep read her notes and said 507's warrants a replacement phone, I declined because I don't see this as a problem. However maybe it is problem since its occurs with every OS update or downgrade. I declined the phone, but does anyone see this as a potential problem.... Thanks
    01-19-12 02:24 PM
    The same thing happened with me just an hour back. Upgrading a friend's 9900 to 7.1.190 from 7.0. Disconnected after the error and reconnected and things went fine.

It also happened to me a month back upgrading to the latest version of 7.0 It only happened once. Both my 7.1 upgrades (7.1.074 and .190) went fine.

I put it down to the USB gremlins in windows. Check your power settings and ensure that USB can prevent the computer from going to sleep.

Also both times it happened to me I was on battery power on my Laptop.
    01-19-12 02:29 PM
    Always have the laptop plugged into a power source to avoid that happening in the future. I use my desktop now to sync it as the netbook did that a few times to me too.
    01-19-12 04:29 PM
    You'll always get a 507 on OS change. That's why I and countless others say wiping first is meaningless.

The having to disconnect/reconnect happens at times. I think Sam has it right. Either the PC going night night, a power setting on the USB hub causing it, or poltergeist.
    01-20-12 09:31 AM
    The Rep read her notes and said 507's warrants a replacement phone....
    Calling the carrier for help is such a joke, they hire the worst of the worst. Next time ask for someone who understands how BlackBerries work.

Search the forums for the Reconnecting to JVM error threads. I've done 2 upgrades on my 9930, both went smoothly.
    01-20-12 09:50 AM
    Calling the carrier for help is such a joke, they hire the worst of the worst. Next time ask for someone who understands how BlackBerries work.

Search the forums for the Reconnecting to JVM error threads. I've done 2 upgrades on my 9930, both went smoothly.
    Thanks guys. I got into all kindsof trouble with poynt. You won't believe this one.
    Yesterday I had a stupid day as we all know. So I got all OSD wtth the poynt problem.
    So I searched for the Poynt folder and I erased all kinds of cods. I don't know what that means. But my BB just doesn't seem quite right. Should I wipe and reinstall. Blackberry app world won't even come up in app search. maybe that a filter or just corruption.
    01-20-12 11:26 AM
    I've never wiped a phone with JB_Commander. but I'm thinking of going for it
    01-20-12 11:27 AM
    Thanks guys. I got into all kindsof trouble with poynt. You won't believe this one.
    Yesterday I had a stupid day as we all know. So I got all OSD wtth the poynt problem.
    So I searched for the Poynt folder and I erased all kinds of cods. I don't know what that means. But my BB just doesn't seem quite right. Should I wipe and reinstall. Blackberry app world won't even come up in app search. maybe that a filter or just corruption.
    Reload the OS. Then it would work. It's likely a corruption.
    01-20-12 11:28 AM
    I've never wiped a phone with JB_Commander. but I'm thinking of going for it
    Loader.exe /nojvm works too.
    01-20-12 11:29 AM
    Just rerun loader.exe again, and it will install the cod you deleted back on the phone. Only delete an app through the Application List, and you won't get in trouble. There's absolutely no reason to wipe before loading.
    01-20-12 11:37 AM
    Just rerun loader.exe again, and it will install the cod you deleted back on the phone. Only delete an app through the Application List, and you won't get in trouble. There's absolutely no reason to wipe before loading.
    Can you just point me in a step by step direction. Please !
    01-20-12 11:45 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-how-faq-f3/proper-upgrade-downgrade-procedure-53359/
    01-20-12 11:49 AM
    I assume you installed the OS on your PC prior to upgrading. Navigate to Program Files (Program Files (x 86) if on a 64 bit system)->Common Files->Research In Motion->AppLoader->Loader.exe and click that.

Or just use the link in my signature. Little out of date, but still takes you through the process.
    01-20-12 11:51 AM
    I assume you installed the OS on your PC prior to upgrading. Navigate to Program Files (Program Files (x 86) if on a 64 bit system)->Common Files->Research In Motion->AppLoader->Loader.exe and click that.

Or just use the link in my signature. Little out of date, but still takes you through the process.
    I see it I will give it a shot. Thank you. You've been a good friend!!
    01-20-12 11:54 AM
    Yes, wipe and reload the OS. Sounds like you hosed it up but deleting cods. Try using BBSAK to wipe, it's very straightforward. Click the button that says Wipe Device, then click the button that says Load OS

A good step by step in my signature, though it doesn't cover wiping the device, since it's not necessary.
    01-20-12 11:59 AM
    Yes, wipe and reload the OS. Sounds like you hosed it up but deleting cods. Try using BBSAK to wipe, it's very straightforward. Click the button that says Wipe Device, then click the button that says Load OS

A good step by step in my signature, though it doesn't cover wiping the device, since it's not necessary.
    I don't know the steps to find your signature. Also when i removed the cods I then down graded to the original OS. Then came back up to 7.1 did that corrupt everything? Second It won't find Blackbery App world in BBappworld on my phone for updates. Is that a filter or corruption thanks pcgizmo!
    01-20-12 12:22 PM
    I don't know the steps to find your signature. Also when i removed the cods I then down graded to the original OS. Then came back up to 7.1 did that corrupt everything? Second It won't find Blackbery App world in BBappworld on my phone for updates. Is that a filter or corruption thanks pcgizmo!
    It's a BES restriction.
    01-20-12 12:32 PM
    If you downgraded the OS and then went back to 7.1, that should have restored your deleted cods. My signature is below all of my posts:

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    01-20-12 12:50 PM
    If you downgraded the OS and then went back to 7.1, that should have restored your deleted cods. My signature is below all of my posts:

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    Again thanks pcgizmo and BigBadWulf. I winged it but it all worked out.
    1. I downloaded BBSAK and wiped my phone unpluged it with 507
    2. Hooked it uo to DM and loaded 7.1. No JVM errors used a different
    USB port
    3. Restored the BB with my backup picked up 43megs in the process
    4. pcgizmo I'm happy we made up.
    Last edited by Betmen; 01-20-12 at 02:48 PM.
    01-20-12 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD