I have 3 subfolders to my inbox and automatically redirect certain messages into them. In particular there is one folder that I really do not want to receive on my phone since the messages are basically junk from other departments. My email account is setup through BES not an internet account. Is there anyway to accomplish this? Thanks.
    11-06-13 03:17 PM
    I have 3 subfolders to my inbox and automatically redirect certain messages into them. In particular there is one folder that I really do not want to receive on my phone since the messages are basically junk from other departments. My email account is setup through BES not an internet account. Is there anyway to accomplish this? Thanks.
    Your BES administrator might have given you access to some setting. You should have a logon account on the local server that allows you to select which folders in your inbox will be sent to your BlackBerry. It just depends on what they have setup for you on BES, you need to contact them.
    uh60james likes this.
    11-06-13 03:25 PM
    Thanks, I will get with the administrator and see if he will make the change. For some reason I was thinking I used to be able to do this on my phone, guess not.
    11-06-13 03:28 PM
    Indeed.

It's called folder redirection.
    Pls. refer to KB04297-How to configure folder redirection to receive email messages delivered to folders other than the Inbox

Also note: When you activate redirection, you won't have older emails synchronized to your device - only new emails received after you enabled folder redirection for the specific folder(s).
    uh60james likes this.
    11-06-13 03:29 PM
    Your BES administrator might have given you access to some setting. You should have a logon account on the local server that allows you to select which folders in your inbox will be sent to your BlackBerry. It just depends on what they have setup for you on BES, you need to contact them.
    You can just do it from the phone.
    You might be thinking of "BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager" (accesible through a browser as per default settings), but it's usually easier to do it on the device.
    11-06-13 03:31 PM
    Indeed.

It's called folder redirection.
    Pls. refer to KB04297-How to configure folder redirection to receive email messages delivered to folders other than the Inbox

Also note: When you activate redirection, you won't have older emails synchronized to your device - only new emails received after you enabled folder redirection for the specific folder(s).
    Excellent, worked perfectly! Thanks!
    11-06-13 03:49 PM