I had Bold 9700 a year back with enterprise account with my previous job, Over the past year i changed jobs, deactivated the enterprise account and got the Bold 9900. Initially i rarely did backups since all my info was on the enterprise server.

Now I use gmail to back up my contacts and have a single contact list i use anywhere, however due to backup restores the Enterprise contact list is still on the phone and now i have 2 contact list, with everything duplicated.

I want to keep the Gmail contact list and remove the original how can this be done.

Thank you
    05-23-12 05:33 AM
    Interestingly I JUST saw a thread explaining about how to remove the Gmail contact list, I wonder if he can help? Let me reach out.
    05-25-12 02:33 PM
    I had Bold 9700 a year back with enterprise account with my previous job, Over the past year i changed jobs, deactivated the enterprise account and got the Bold 9900. Initially i rarely did backups since all my info was on the enterprise server.

Now I use gmail to back up my contacts and have a single contact list i use anywhere, however due to backup restores the Enterprise contact list is still on the phone and now i have 2 contact list, with everything duplicated.

I want to keep the Gmail contact list and remove the original how can this be done.

Thank you

There are several ways. Let’s look at simplest one.
    1 Log in your gmail account
    2 On the left side of the Gmail window, click the "Contacts"
    3 Here you will be able to see all your synced contacts.
    3.1 Here you can manually select and delete unwanted contacts.
    Or
    3.2 Select all the contact >> click on More>>export>>and save it as csv format.
    3.2 Now edit csv file using Microsoft excel or open office spread sheet. Just select the row you don’t need and delete complete row.
    3.3 In Gmail account , delete all selected contact, do select all contacts >> more >> delete
    3.4 now import contacts that you modified and saved on pc (csv file), do more >> import contacts>>browse and locate correct file>>click on import. Once imported you can see a group of import date (date=date of import).
    3.5 Select all the contact from import group>>click on groups button (left side of email icon)>>select My Contact and deselect others >> apply
    3.6 select Imported group >>more>>delete group>>ok, this will delete unwanted groups.
    4 Re-sync BB and gmail
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by infinus; 05-26-12 at 01:41 PM.
    05-26-12 01:37 PM
    There are several ways. Let�s look at simplest one.
    1 Log in your gmail account
    2 On the left side of the Gmail window, click the "Contacts"
    3 Here you will be able to see all your synced contacts.
    3.1 Here you can manually select and delete unwanted contacts.
    Or
    3.2 Select all the contact >> click on More>>export>>and save it as csv format.
    3.2 Now edit csv file using Microsoft excel or open office spread sheet. Just select the row you don�t need and delete complete row.
    3.3 In Gmail account , delete all selected contact, do select all contacts >> more >> delete
    3.4 now import contacts that you modified and saved on pc (csv file), do more >> import contacts>>browse and locate correct file>>click on import. Once imported you can see a group of import date (date=date of import).
    3.5 Select all the contact from import group>>click on groups button (left side of email icon)>>select My Contact and deselect others >> apply
    3.6 select Imported group >>more>>delete group>>ok, this will delete unwanted groups.
    4 Re-sync BB and gmail
    Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, however my problem is not that i want to delete certain contacts from my Gmail account, I want to delete the contact list that is native on the phone and make Gmail synced contact list the only one. Is this possible.
    05-28-12 07:51 AM
    Thanks for the reply, however my problem is not that i want to delete certain contacts from my Gmail account, I want to delete the contact list that is native on the phone and make Gmail synced contact list the only one. Is this possible.
    Haha I had this issue as well. I ended up with 2 separate contact lists. What I did was go into contacts,options,and type rset and it will ask you if you wanna wipe contact list. Obviously only wipe the one you don't need. I had 2 separate contact list so after I clicked wipe for one I had to click "don't wipe" for my original contact list. Hope this clears everything up
    Last edited by gees97; 05-28-12 at 08:42 AM.
    05-28-12 08:39 AM
    Haha I had this issue as well. I ended up with 2 separate contact lists. What I did was go into contacts,options,and type rset and it will ask you if you wanna wipe contact list. Obviously only wipe the one you don't need. I had 2 separate contact list so after I clicked wipe for one I had to click "don't wipe" for my original contact list. Hope this clears everything up
    perfect thanks that did the trick appreciate the help
    05-28-12 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD