Hey everyone,
    I was wondering about if encrypting your blackberry makes it not function correctly in any way. I know it sounds weird but I have had bad experiences with encrypting previous phones. Mostly androids.
    10-02-12 11:00 PM
    No, RIM has one of the most outstanding records for encryption systems ever implemented in the public sector for mobile devices! The encryption provided on BlackBerry devices are an absolute must/necessity in my opinion!

Edit: You are correct some Android based devices have been notorious for system encryption issues...
    Last edited by Berry_Intelligence; 10-02-12 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Information added...
    10-02-12 11:03 PM
    Thank you very much for the quick response!
    10-02-12 11:06 PM
    I have noticed having encryption on, certain things don't function correctly. On my 9930 if I encrypt my contacts and my phone is password locked, when someone calls, none of their info shows up so you don't know who is calling unless you memorized the number. Also I have noticed when other applications try to access your info, they can't. Such as BeBuzz, it isn't able to always access your contacts. Or when using DLNA mode on a Playstation 3, the PS3 isn't able to access your pictures and things since it's encrypted. Also using Dropbox, when you upload an encrypted photo, it doesn't show a preview of the photo when you see it on your computer. So all you see is the image name, but no preview of the photo. And I have also noticed on my 9930 it takes awhile to encrypt a recorded video. So after you record your video using the video camera, it encrypts as soon as you save it and it usually takes awhile...

So overall encryption does protect your files, but doesn't always allow all your apps and things to function correctly...
    10-03-12 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD