Has anyone had issue with emergency broadcasts that keep coming through? I received a "Flood Advisory" the first day of terrible weather in Chicago. Now I've been receiving the same message in the emergency inbox several times a day for over a week! I don't see a way to turn this off and have yet to explore deleting the funtion all together as I can see it being useful.

Thanks!
    08-12-12 10:20 AM
    Depending upon where you are, yeah you can issues like that... I experienced an issue when I was flew to D.C. the other week. As soon as I left the area, obviously, that stopped it from bugging me.

However, I think I know what you meant by "deleting the function": I assume you are talking about going under the options and deselecting the 'Severe Threat Alert'? I ended up doing that the other week when I was having issues and then re-enabled it after I was out of the area and it worked fine. I would definitely recommend just removing that option to stop the issue temporarily if not for awhile if you don't need it.

Best of Luck!
    mb2333 likes this.
    08-12-12 10:41 AM
    Thanks. I think I'll give that a shot.
    08-12-12 01:39 PM
    Mine doesn't go off at all. I wish mine did
    08-12-12 05:48 PM
    Mine doesn't go off at all. I wish mine did
    What is yours set to? Do you have Severe Threat Alert Messages checked? I live in AZ and we're in the monsoon season so I get flood warning alerts all the time. I turned off Severe and just kept Extreme. Presidential can't be turned off.
    08-13-12 12:16 AM
    This feature must not be working in Portland, OR. We've had weather and AMBER alerts on radio/tv but they never did show on the BB Emergency Broadcasts. The weather alerts did come thru on BeWeather but the timing of the app's updates usually meant the alert would happen during or after the storm.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    08-13-12 08:59 AM
    Depending upon where you are, yeah you can issues like that... I experienced an issue when I was flew to D.C. the other week. As soon as I left the area, obviously, that stopped it from bugging me.

However, I think I know what you meant by "deleting the function": I assume you are talking about going under the options and deselecting the 'Severe Threat Alert'? I ended up doing that the other week when I was having issues and then re-enabled it after I was out of the area and it worked fine. I would definitely recommend just removing that option to stop the issue temporarily if not for awhile if you don't need it.

Best of Luck!

How do you do this? I have a BB9900 bold. Does anyone know how to access this setting? Can't find it and these alerts are sooooo annoying.
    08-16-12 03:23 PM
    Go into "Emergency Alert Messages" > "Options" > Uncheck "Severe Threat Alert Messages"
    This will take care of the SevereWx Warnings

You may also disable by choice: "Extreme Threat Alert Messages" and "AMBER Alert Messages"

Please note by disabling any or all of these options you will/may affect more than just SevereWx Warning Notifications...
    08-16-12 04:56 PM
    TURN-OFF AMBER ALERTS BlackBerry Z10.

It is 2 am. Huge loud siren goes off. I have no idea what it is. Dead sleep. 2 am looking for some damn Honda. Really ? You guys have no clue how to tell someone to

Don't pick it up midstream and say do this.

(1) Settings I clicked icon on main apps for Settings
    (2) Notifications I clicked notification changed setting to Sound OFF to all notification at top
    (3) Dialed my phone and no ring tone, that's not it. Turned Sound back on
    (4) Settings, Notifications, down at bottom of screen Notifications/Alerts phone, turned Sound off, dialed phone again did not ring. Turned Sound back on.
    (5) Settings, Notifications, down at bottom of screen Notifications/Alerts Text Messages already had Sound off there. That's not it.
    (6) Settings, Notification, down at bottom of screen Notifications/Alerts, PIN, somehow I had that Sound on, so I turned it off. No idea if that is AMBER FREAKING ALERTS AT 2 AM or not ?

Give me a break, please. Know what you're talking about, or say you think it is done this way. Your instructions are not correctly worded and did not work. I know. You do not know. Or, if you do know, you failed to show how to fix it.

1-Amber alerts should not go off on my freaking cell phone at 2 am about some damn Honda they want in St. Marys Georgia. I don't even know where that is, but it ain't freaking Atlanta for 6 million to wake-up to read about it.

2-And, you guys came up here on Google Search that you were telling us all with a Z10 how to freaking turn it off so we can freaking sleep.

You wasted all my time even coming to this thread where you talk out your **** about that which you obviously have no clue.

Here is how you actually fix this on BlackBerry Z10, which by the way, you said you do some other way above which is totally wrong :

(1) On your main screen, you have many apps
    (2) Find the yellow app on blue background called "TEXT MESSAGES"
    (3) Touch TEXT MESSAGES
    (4) Down in bottom right hand corner you have 3 dots on top of each other, touch that
    (5) Your screen will scroll over 7 options
    (6) Touch SETTINGS here, touching settings apps in no way shape of fashion takes you here to this hidden section where they automatically turn this crap on to wake you up about something 354 miles from where I am, St. Marys Georgia Good Lord at 2 am Sunday morning. B.S. St. Marys. B.S. looking for some freaking Honda. You should be ARRESTED for setting off that siren at 2 am 354 miles away from you in Atlanta you dumb piece of craps.
    (7) Under Settings here, not anywhere else hidden on the phone.
    (8) Press EMERGENCY ALERTS
    (9) Slide AMBER ALERTS to off to turn off the BS

It would take someone in a Honda nearly 7 hours to get here. Did you lose the Honda at 2 am Sunday morning in St. Marys' you dumb pieces of work ? They could not drive that damn Honda here by 9 am when I would be awake.

Not that I am not awake now.

Dumb freaking St. Mary's pieces of work... here's to you !
    Last edited by Thomas Brown2; 06-23-13 at 02:13 AM.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    06-23-13 01:37 AM
    Here is how you actually fix this on BlackBerry Z10, which by the way, you said you do some other way above which is totally wrong :
    Hey buddy welcome to CrackBerry forums, you might want to realize you are in the 9930/9900 owners subforum. The directions I give do work if you are, now hold your breath because this is going to get crazy, they work if you're using a 9930 or 9900... I know shocking, right?

BlackBerry 10 wasn't even released when I gave that answer which by the way is correct thank you very much, and that you sir are the one who knows not what comes from his mouth

Now go back to sleep, maybe when you wake up in the afternoon today you'll realize your mistake
    93Aero likes this.
    06-23-13 11:38 AM

It is 2 am. Huge loud siren goes off. I have no idea what it is. Dead sleep. 2 am looking for some damn Honda. Really ? You guys have no clue how to tell someone to

(1) Settings I clicked icon on main apps for Settings
    (2) Notifications I clicked notification changed setting to Sound OFF to all notification at top
    (3) Dialed my phone and no ring tone, that's not it. Turned Sound back on
    (4) Settings, Notifications, down at bottom of screen Notifications/Alerts phone, turned Sound off, dialed phone again did not ring. Turned Sound back on.
    (5) Settings, Notifications, down at bottom of screen Notifications/Alerts Text Messages already had Sound off there. That's not it.
    (6) Settings, Notification, down at bottom of screen Notifications/Alerts, PIN, somehow I had that Sound on, so I turned it off. No idea if that is AMBER FREAKING ALERTS AT 2 AM or not ?

Give me a break, please. Know what you're talking about, or say you think it is done this way. Your instructions are not correctly worded and did not work. I know. You do not know. Or, if you do know, you failed to show how to fix it.

1-Amber alerts should not go off on my freaking cell phone at 2 am about some damn Honda they want in St. Marys Georgia. I don't even know where that is, but it ain't freaking Atlanta for 6 million to wake-up to read about it.

2-And, you guys came up here on Google Search that you were telling us all with a Z10 how to freaking turn it off so we can freaking sleep.

You wasted all my time even coming to this thread where you talk out your **** about that which you obviously have no clue.

(1) On your main screen, you have many apps
    (2) Find the yellow app on blue background called "TEXT MESSAGES"
    (3) Touch TEXT MESSAGES
    (4) Down in bottom right hand corner you have 3 dots on top of each other, touch that
    (5) Your screen will scroll over 7 options
    (6) Touch SETTINGS here, touching settings apps in no way shape of fashion takes you here to this hidden section where they automatically turn this crap on to wake you up about something 354 miles from where I am, St. Marys Georgia Good Lord at 2 am Sunday morning. B.S. St. Marys. B.S. looking for some freaking Honda. You should be ARRESTED for setting off that siren at 2 am 354 miles away from you in Atlanta you dumb piece of craps.
    (7) Under Settings here, not anywhere else hidden on the phone.
    (8) Press EMERGENCY ALERTS
    (9) Slide AMBER ALERTS to off to turn off the BS

It would take someone in a Honda nearly 7 hours to get here. Did you lose the Honda at 2 am Sunday morning in St. Marys' you dumb pieces of work ? They could not drive that damn Honda here by 9 am when I would be awake.

Not that I am not awake now.

Dumb freaking St. Mary's pieces of work... here's to you !
    OMFG ROFL rant of the year award!
    Also step 6 is confusing :s

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zten; 06-23-13 at 02:01 PM.
    06-23-13 01:27 PM
    Originally Posted by Thomas Brown2

What an *****, heaven forbid your sleep is interrupted while a kid is being searched for.
    06-23-13 01:43 PM
    I just think someone was on something when they wrote that post... Just saying...
    06-23-13 03:07 PM
    When I go into Text Messages (which is really just a shortcut to the HUB y'know...?), Settings, I have five (5) options/menu items:
    Display and Actions
    Hub Management
    Text Messages
    Cell Broadcast - most likely the "culprit"
    Email Accounts

I am using a Z10 in the USA on AT&T btw.

Again, just to be absolutely clear, there is NO OPTION LISTED which is called "Emergency Alerts" - just NOT THERE. Perhaps this changed in my recent update - I am running OS 10.1.0.2019 - which was released on AT&T only 2-3 weeks ago.
    I purchased the phone at an AT&T brick-and-mortar store about 4 weeks ago.
    (For convenience, I posted this 2013-07-26)

The only one I could see having anything to do with this - except *maybe* "Reject Anonymous Messages" under Text Messages/MMS? - is Cell Broadcast.
    However Cell Broadcast is completely blank - it appears one would have to add "channels". None are even listed.

My tentative conclusion is, therefore, that either AT&T releases the phone with these disabled - OR - the recent OS update disabled them? I would be interested in other people's experience here, including what is showing on their Settings (which at least on my phone is really just "Hub Settings")?

Thanks.
    07-26-13 07:40 AM

I am using a Z10 in the USA on AT&T btw.
    Alright, this thread is unbelievably ridiculous, do you hear yourselves, this is a BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900 thread and we have had not one, not two, but three people come in here and complain that these directions do not work for their BlackBerry 10 devices! This is pure stupidity...
    07-30-13 08:47 PM
    I came looking for instructions for the BB Torch and didn't find any. lol
    08-06-13 01:15 AM
    First, I will apologize but in Googling this issue (two rather loud sirens last night), this is the thread that comes up. So while it is in the 9930/9900 forum, I will add to the confusion here and post about the Z10 (and post a new thread in the Z10 subforum)

It appears that we can't change the SOUND/SIREN (I might be wrong), but you can change which alerts you receive. In the HUB, tap the lower right Menu, choose Settings. At the bottom of the list that shows is "Emergency Alerts". Tap it.... Choices

Presidential Alerts
    Extreme Threat alerts
    Severe Threat alerts
    Amber Alerts.

Language of alerts can be changed.

Again, sorry to possibly confuse readers but if they wade through......

edited to add:

Found a discussion (and I actually took part back then!) for the Z10 or bb10 OS:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-alert-876224/
    Last edited by F2; 10-15-14 at 09:52 AM.
    10-15-14 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD