Today a user handed me their bold 9900 complaining that it hasnt synced any mail since the 18th of feb.

I thought the best place to start was a soft reset so i pulled out the battery and let it reload then sent a test email. after a few seconds the blackbery pinged at me and I thought id had an easy one. i opened the mailbox and the mail at the top was still 18th feb. then i noticed that the mail was from 18th feb 2044

I checked the date and time, both were correct
    I have now wiped and reactivated the handset

later in the afternoon I had another user brought me their 9900 they have three emails from friday the 23rd of March

has anyone seen this before or have any ideas what could be causing it
    03-21-12 12:27 PM
    Do you have a delorian? :P sorry had too ask :P
    wolfee48 likes this.
    03-21-12 12:33 PM
    Sadly no
    03-21-12 12:39 PM
    possibly spam...some spam will use future dates for whatever reason.
    03-21-12 01:12 PM
    Great Scott!
    03-21-12 01:14 PM
    Quick!!!email them back and ask what the lottery numbers will be.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    03-21-12 01:45 PM
    Let us know what else you learn.
    03-21-12 01:48 PM
    Oh it was so interesting to read hahaha! Well NO I never got them hahaha it was funny ! Maybe the dates of their email servers caused this how can that be seriously! We still live in 2012! So I don't believe you but weird...
    03-21-12 03:08 PM
    Yeah, there was a thread on this already about Dates going as far as Dec. 12th 2035 or something.
    03-21-12 06:31 PM
    One of the affected users (the one with 3 emails from tomorrow) the emails were internal and when the email is opened the date and time at the top of it are correct and match up with outlook it�s just in the inbox it decided they were from Friday 23rd march

The other one had a weeks worth of emails from 2044 again all of which have the correct date and time on the email itself

We have tried changing the date and time on a pc and sending an email to see if we could replicate the issue and even though the pc was in 2015 the mail arived on the handset with the correct time

Web searches for a solutions have turned up many forum threads which have just descended into quotes and references from Back to the Future
    03-22-12 04:47 AM
    In messages folder in the list it shows the time the email was received at, once you open it the time at the top is the time it was sent at, the time of the user's computer or the time on the server.

I have a client that have their clock (or time on server) one hour behind.
    03-22-12 04:59 AM
    In messages folder in the list it shows the time the email was received at, once you open it the time at the top is the time it was sent at, the time of the user's computer or the time on the server.

I have a client that have their clock (or time on server) one hour behind.
    Its the time at the top of the mesages forlder that is wrong I would have thought that this came from the handset but the time and date on teh handset is correct
    03-22-12 06:47 AM
    Well as you don't have a delorian I don't know
    03-22-12 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD