Hi All,

I got EE in the UK to enable BIS and setup my email account with mailbox.org - it all went through straight away and email came in - life was good!

About a month later my 9900 started asking me to verify the email password which I did but email just stopped working

I have since had 3 calls with EE who have resent service books and some sim updates, have removed and re-added BB components etc - all to no avail.

I have now gotten 3 of my other email service providers working fine namely UK2, Plusnet and GMail

Interestingly when setting up GMail I got a security alert about a blocked attempt at login from South Africa on this IP Address: 178.239.83.1

Whois Lookup Captcha says Canada - in any case I was wondering if mailbox.org are blocking for similar reasons as GMail i.e. looks suspicious?

Annoyingly this tool http://www.blackberry.com/eavt2 validates perfectly with mailbox.org which is even more confusing?

Any tips?
    11-27-18 01:39 PM
    looks suspicious?
    No, it's BIS checking your account and credentials as noted by it being a RIM/BlackBerry address. It's how your email works through BIS.

It's most likely a simple setting on Mailbox.org being overlooked to allow non-secure devices or something like that like Yahoo has implemented or something with the fact they use Tor exit nodes. Hard to say as I don't have an account there and can only go off their FAQ.
    11-27-18 04:23 PM
    I know. I was suggesting gmail / mailbox suspect multiple hops / ips

I'll take a look through settings but mailbox are generally very tight on security and wont even allow non encrypted at all - whats hard to explain is that it all worked fine for a month?
    11-27-18 04:41 PM
    Did you switch your sim out of the Bold and into a different smartphone at anytime? After BIS activation, if you pop your sim and use a non BIS BlackBerry such as a K1/K2 or Android/iPhone device, automatically your carrier will add on a non BIS data profile to your account in order to make data work on your non BIS device. If you switched back to the Bold, your carrier has to remove this profile in order for the BIS profile to become the default again.
    12-09-18 12:25 AM