I have a Bold 9900 which was locked to T-mobile USA but is now unlocked and at the moment is being used on MTN Nigeria. I used the device switch function within Desktop Manager to move stuff from my old device and for a day or so my email worked fine.
    I noticed that I did not receive any new msgs on email y'day and none today so tried to check email setup. However, everytime I click on the email setup I get the following error message ' your device encountered problems connecting to the application server' and the only option is OK , which takes me straight out of the setup application. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get rid of this message and set up my email accounts manually. Thank you
    10-19-11 05:33 AM
    Although I did not receive any responses, I have managed to sort this out through trial and error and just thought I'd post what I did in case anyone is having the same issue.
    I went to the bis.eu.blackberry.com ( you may have to locate the one in your geographical location) and then I received a message that a new device had been detected and I should move my email addresses to it. I followed the screen prompts, validated the email addresses and started receiving messages. I hope that this has sorted me out for good, I still get the message on email setup icon but at least I can now send and receive mail from the device
    10-20-11 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD