I have BBM setup, facebook, twitter... Everything else apart from my email.
    Yes, I have the blackberry plan with my carrier, but I think it's an OS problem.
    When I go to the setup wizard where you can select the feature I want to setup, BBM, Social networks and wifi all have green ticks next to them because I've configure them. But when I click on the 'Email accounts' button all it does it highlight it when I click, then when I release the click it does nothing. I'm on a blackberry bold 9900.

Can anyone help? I don't really want to reinstall my OS either :/
    06-03-13 06:40 AM
    I heard this happens a fair bit on the pre 10 OS devices. From what I recall to fix this, download and install OS using the desktop software. You may not want to, but you may have no other choice.

Here, let me search the BB Knowledgebase for you.

KB31124-Unable to access Email Accounts from the BlackBerry smartphone
    06-03-13 07:48 AM
    Thanks MobileMadness, but I found the solution
    I went to my carriers blackberry page (BlackBerry Internet Service) and I made an account on there.
    That set up my email for me somehow. I don't really know how it did it, but it did. and it works so I'm happy!
    06-03-13 08:49 AM
    Thanks MobileMadness, but I found the solution
    I went to my carriers blackberry page (BlackBerry Internet Service) and I made an account on there.
    That set up my email for me somehow. I don't really know how it did it, but it did. and it works so I'm happy!
    That may help in the short term, but I ask you this, can you now access the email setup program on the BlackBerry itself?
    illitero likes this.
    06-04-13 07:43 AM
    I am having the same issue although back when I setup my email I was able to click the icon and it worked. I just now got wind that mine does not work as i am trying to access my option on one of my email accounts from my phone and the same thing is happening to me. So if I am reading this right I have to re-install the OS onto my 9900?
    The setting I am trying to save and or tweak are handset side only setting adjustments otherwise I would do it through BIS
    06-08-13 04:18 PM
    06-08-13 04:48 PM
    This is exactly what I needed but now I ran into another issue. When I went into the "applications" tab inside Blackberry Desktop, like the link says, I looked at all the apps and all are on my phone already except for one random on which is "Wireless Music Sync". According to the instructions the "Email Setup" should be in the list of apps.

Can I get the software/app direct from Blackberry?
    06-12-13 06:52 PM
    That may help in the short term, but I ask you this, can you now access the email setup program on the BlackBerry itself?
    This issue has been bugging me since I received a 9900 in the mail today. I kept seeing the "force activation" thing, but it still left my device without any email management. It's bizarre. I have countless tabs up with multiple KB articles; my mind was frazzled!

"Yes, I can force the damned thing to get a few emails, but I need access to edit account attributes, not to mention my contacts! WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING LIKE YOU HAVE FOR YEARS AND YEARS?!"

I begin mentally blaming Google's relatively recent change of access protocol, rendering "legacy" devices like my Pre 3 and some temporary Samsung Focus WP7 abortion completely useless. (love WP7 for its strengths, but Samsung did a poor job on hardware)

I am digging and searching through both the phone and desktop software to absolutely no avail. Then I see your simple post just after the one quoted, and I mentally slapped myself in the head. I knew it wasn't installed, but I was digging through the wrong area to try and force install it, it has been so long! DUH. In Applications. Freakin'...stinkin'...DUH...

Dude, thank you! I happily have all contacts and emails are spilling in so I can resume deleting without even reading, haha.
    08-09-14 03:43 AM