Did anybody else receive an email from RIM this morning "introducing" this phone? As sort of a promo ad? I did and I'm just wondering what this means for the release... Has to be soon now if they're sending out emails advertising it, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-11 11:00 AM
    Did you sign up on the BB site to receive info on the 9900/9930?
    05-16-11 11:10 AM
    It's only an advertising email that you obviously signed up for.

It means absolutely nothing in respect to a release date... that's down to the carriers now, not RIM.
    05-16-11 11:19 AM
    Did anybody else receive an email from RIM this morning "introducing" this phone? As sort of a promo ad? I did and I'm just wondering what this means for the release... Has to be soon now if they're sending out emails advertising it, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I got one 2 weeks ago, introducing the new Bold...If you've registered with BlackBerry.com they send out e-mails from time to time...like you, think it's odd to actually SEND out an e-mail promoting a brand new Bold and then not release until mid-august...I'm still hoping for end of June
    05-16-11 12:23 PM
    It's only an advertising email that you obviously signed up for.

It means absolutely nothing in respect to a release date... that's down to the carriers now, not RIM.
    No **** I signed up for it I'm not suggesting that they're just randomly sending out emails about it! I'm just saying it seems odd to be sending out promotional emails if the release isn't coming soon.
    05-16-11 02:09 PM
    I'm just saying it seems odd to be sending out promotional emails if the release isn't coming soon.
    It's not odd, it's just marketing... and the release is coming soon, summertime soon

Unfortunately summer is a looooong season
    05-16-11 02:15 PM
    It's not odd, it's just marketing... and the release is coming soon, summertime soon

Unfortunately summer is a looooong season
    however, as I have said before, my source said June. But I'm not sure how reliable that is.

I'm no the only one who has heard that either. It may be a bit optimistic, but I'm hoping
    05-16-11 03:53 PM
    i got the email! it was a huge letdown as I was expecting to see that it launched today or tomorrow. got my hopes up!
    05-16-11 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD