Is it possible to have the unread email notification icon display for only a certain email account?

I have my 2 private emails address linked to my work BB but I only want to see when I have new emails to my work account as they could be critical. The private ones are not. As it is now I have to check when I see a new email has arrived.

Cheers,
    Guy
    10-14-11 05:31 AM
    I would think this was a common request?
    10-17-11 04:23 PM
    Is it possible to have the unread email notification icon display for only a certain email account?

I have my 2 private emails address linked to my work BB but I only want to see when I have new emails to my work account as they could be critical. The private ones are not. As it is now I have to check when I see a new email has arrived.

Cheers,
    Guy
    Well first of all if you are on BIS and both emails are BIS you can log into BIS and rename the email accts to whatever you want as opposed to highlighting them and seeing the email address so if you did this and called one businss emial and trhe other GUYS personal email and set the business one in line forst and the personal one second, you could know by the star which one is which would you not?
    10-17-11 05:29 PM
    I know what you're saying and I already do this. I mean the notification icon at the top under the clock. It would be good if only the business emails triggered this.

Cheers,
    Guy
    10-18-11 06:02 AM
    No, that icon will always display new notifications for almost everything on the device. Perhaps there's an app for that, but I doubt it. It's really designed to let the user know that there's a new message of some kind on the device...whether it be phone, text, mail etc...
    10-18-11 06:33 AM
    Cheers, I thought as much.
    10-18-11 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD