Hey everyone, I just signed up as you can see and I seem to have an issue that Im probably messing up my self some how.

I deleted an email account because I no longer have the email, however the old emails are still showing up in my Messages inbox, they aren't new or anything but I can still see and read them.

I tried battery pulles, and made sure service books were deleted. I don't really want to wipe the device but if I have to I will.

Thanks!
    07-10-12 09:19 PM
    If there old just delete them, As you said they are not new ones.
    07-10-12 09:33 PM
    Just click the top date and hit delete previous and all will be gone.
    07-10-12 10:02 PM
    Hi, maybe I am not seeing it but it only shows 'delete' if I press menu when in one of the old Emails.

I guess I could delete them all but there are so many, and they're mixed up with my other emails.

thanks for the feed back!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-10-12 11:13 PM
    Click on the first bar with the date , not the email and it will give you option to delete prior. You have to click the menu button.
    07-10-12 11:30 PM
    Guess you should have deleted them before deleting the email address.
    07-10-12 11:46 PM
    This MAY help.

Go to the Messages Folder.
    BlackBerry Key > View Folder
    Scroll to the Email ID you have deleted (There would be multiple instances with drill down lists/buttons).
    Hopefully it will still be there, given that the emails are still on the device.

You could open each of the underlying folders under that particular Email ID and it should show only Emails for THAT ID in THAT folder. (if it was a Gmail account, you would have an ALL MAIL folder).

BlackBerry Key > Delete Prior.

And now you have deleted only emails for THAT account and not the others.
    07-10-12 11:52 PM
    Excellent! I did that, it was on the list and I clicked Delete prior, there are no longer any emails on that inbox. However there are still some messages left over that say sent by 'unknown' and they are located in an 'outbox' any idea? Is there a way to delete that email adress thats visible in my view folder?

Thanks for the help

07-11-12 12:16 AM
    Excellent! I did that, it was on the list and I clicked Delete prior, there are no longer any emails on that inbox. However there are still some messages left over that say sent by 'unknown' and they are located in an 'outbox' any idea? Is there a way to delete that email adress thats visible in my view folder?

Thanks for the help

Well at least PART of the problem was solved.

About the left over ones.. hmm possible solution:

Messages Folder > BlackBerry Key > Search By > Advanced

In the Name field, input 'Unknown' or however it appears on your device.
    Appears in field (drop down) select From
    BlackBerry Key > Search

Technically speaking, should work.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 07-11-12 at 03:00 AM.
    07-11-12 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD