View Poll Results: Which email provider do you have on your blackbery ?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gmail

1 16.67%
  • Hotmail / Outlook

3 50.00%
  • Yahoo

1 16.67%
  • Other 1

1 16.67%
  • other 2

0 0%
  • other 3

0 0%
    Hi, I use a bis email from my provider and want to switch to another provider who doesn't provide BIS (*@carrier.blackberry.net email address)

I would like to know how fast do you get email to your device using online provider (Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, other ? )

I don't want to have an email accout that sync only every 15 minutes as this kind of delay is unaceptable to me so please share your average delivery delay and your mail provider.

Thanks !

Note: english isn't my primary language so please forgive any grammer error I could make in this post.
    09-27-13 02:09 PM
    You will need BIS services to get email on your phone still. Do they have BIS service and are just not providing BIS email account?
    09-27-13 02:11 PM
    Hi, I use a bis email from my provider and want to switch to another provider who doesn't provide BIS (*@carrier.blackberry.net email address)

I would like to know how fast do you get email to your device using online provider (Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, other ? )

I don't want to have an email accout that sync only every 15 minutes as this kind of delay is unaceptable to me so please share your average delivery delay and your mail provider.

Thanks !

Note: english isn't my primary language so please forgive any grammer error I could make in this post.
    Are you in the US or another country? Which carrier do you have? In the US, BIS plans are no longer necessary, but that might not be the same where you are located.
    09-27-13 02:23 PM
    I'm in canada, currently with Telus and want to move to koodo and I don't think kooko offer the BIS email but they do offer blackberry phone so I think that should be good.
    09-27-13 03:40 PM
    If it's a BlackBerry 10 phone Outlook.com works almost instantly for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:15 PM
    I'm in canada, currently with Telus and want to move to koodo and I don't think kooko offer the BIS email but they do offer blackberry phone so I think that should be good.
    I have a legacy device (curve 9300) with 3 provider e-mail accounts (rogers) 1 web account (gmail) and one BIS (rogers.blackberry.net) address and there is basically no delay. I just sent a test message to all of the accounts it showed up in the BIS account first then within 3-5 seconds showed up in the other accounts.
    09-27-13 04:23 PM
    Forgot to mention I'm using a bold touch 9900 and I experienced in the past on former corporate email with outlook web access email (they had no BES) and the email delay was awfull hence why I'm asking this question.
    09-27-13 04:24 PM
    I have a legacy device (curve 9300) with 3 provider e-mail accounts (rogers) 1 web account (gmail) and one BIS (rogers.blackberry.net) address and there is basically no delay. I just sent a test message to all of the accounts it showed up in the BIS account first then within 3-5 seconds showed up in the other accounts.
    Thanks that's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for.
    09-27-13 04:25 PM
    The BIS delivery of third party emails will not be instantaneous. The way BIS works with third party emails is it only checks them once every twenty minutes. If there is mail to push to your phone, it will then start checking at a very short interval, rolling back into longer intervals if no new email is received.

I never setup a carrier BIS email and these may be instantaneous since they don't have the extra task of checking a third party server. In other words, if a new email arrives on the @carrier.Blackberry.net account, it is pushed right away.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:10 PM
    Do all of you use the email address @carrier.blackberry.net? How is that different from a regular domain email account? I'm new to Blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-27-13 08:34 PM
    The biggest advantage of carrrier.blackberry.net email address is the delivery delay. They have instantaneous delivery, when you use it for work it can make a difference, I'm using this email address to receive emergency support request and I don't want the user to have to wait between 10 and 20 minutes to receive support depending on when the last sync to my phone happened.
    10-01-13 09:05 AM