I have 99xx model and I can't help but wonder; What the **** is the Purpose of this secondary red light to the inside of the Status indicator light. Sometimes I see that its on and then others, its off. Any answers?
    11-03-11 04:36 AM
    It's a rogue proximity sensor. Mine did it once and after rebooting my phone it hasn't come back. If you're not running the latest OS try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 05:29 AM
    It's the proximity sensor. You should be able to see it flashing when connected to a call. Used to determine when the screen should shut off to avoid your cheek accidentally pushing a button...
    11-03-11 10:43 AM
    It's the proximity sensor. You should be able to see it flashing when connected to a call. Used to determine when the screen should shut off to avoid your cheek accidentally pushing a button...
    correct....and sometimes on my 9860, it doesnt shut off after a call so i need to do a battery pull. it should go off no more than 5 seconds after a call is disconnected. if it doesnt, reboot.
    11-03-11 11:08 AM
    Same thing has happened to me a time or two. I'll either do a battery pull, or I'll dial a different number, then hang up after it connects and it usually will shut off. I check it every time I get done with a call to make sure it turned off.
    11-03-11 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD