I just got my new Bold, and as far as it goes, I absolutley love it! But as all things, there has to be something that gets on your nerves, BIG TIME...

What bothers me is that it won't connect to moy school's eduroam network, no matter what I do... When I'm at home, on my home network, with WAP/WPA2 personal network it works like a charm, no probs(although it didn't want to connect through WPS, but not sure why..., but ok, got it working in the end and I'm happy. I actually find connecting with WPS much more difficult and demanding, than just simply typing passphrase in a popup window, not sure what is the upside of WPS )

Now to my real problem, when I'm at my school, my phone won't connect to eduroam, it mostly says "failed to associate with the network". It happens like this, first it's connecting for about 20sec then the wireless icon shows a few bars, for second of two and then the popup windows with the message "failed to associate with the network" appears.

Tried every configuration there is, I have the certificates loaded up on my phone (although the certificate I'm trying to use does have a red "X" next to it, where others have a green "yes" mark next to them, not sure if this is causing problems or not, but I have no other certificate to use), I tried rebooting the phone, updating it to 7.1 OS, but still no luck.

Eduroam network works on laptop like a charm, but it's a no-go on my phone, which I find very very frustrating...

Any ideas/Any1 that had or has similar problems?
    04-02-12 01:34 PM
    Did you talk to the IT guys at school? I think they are the best people who can help you out.
    04-02-12 01:48 PM
    Eduroam works fine for myself and all of my friends using Bolds. The certificate we use is GlobalSign Root CA 2014. The username is your full school email, not just your user ID
    04-02-12 02:29 PM
    Finally I got mine working. I used the direct setup:

- locate the eduroam network and click on it
    - enter username@university and password
    - let the certificate blank and the innerlink auto

Click connect.
    04-28-14 05:28 AM
    If it helps, at my school I had to set the "Inner Link Security" type on my Q10 to MSCHAPV2. I also had to do this on a Kindle Fire, but on there the category was called something different.
    04-29-14 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD