I never realized how much I can still function when I have my switched off from 4G/3G. I am a compulsive BBM/Twitter/Facebook junky. Emails are a burden of the job so lump that in there. I am able to do all of it on 2G/EDGE flowlingly. Best part is the BATTERY LIFE!?!?!? I don't have to charge it for more than a day. Isn't that what we all want?, at least a 24 hour batt survinal rate. Works for me, maybe you should give it a shot. But yeah, I definitly carry a spare batt. Especially when travelling. Oh!, I'm running 7.1 leaked OS on a 9900.
    Last edited by roughout123; 01-04-12 at 10:38 AM.
    01-04-12 10:34 AM
    youre right, ever since the release of the 9000 it has been praised that running off 2g alone can increase your battery life drastically!
    01-04-12 10:41 AM
    My battery life at least tripled ever since I switched to 2G only. I use 3G when connected to wifi.
    01-04-12 10:42 AM
    Well, there is no need to change 3G when on wifi. Its not going to change ur wifi speed.
    01-04-12 10:45 AM
    I never realized how much I can still function when I have my switched off from 4G/3G. I am a compulsive BBM/Twitter/Facebook junky. Emails are a burden of the job so lump that in there. I am able to do all of it on 2G/EDGE flowlingly.
    All of these things are essentially text operations involving small amounts of data, so 2G (or even 1G/GPRS) works just fine.

Where you'll notice the difference is in web browsing, sending photos, downloading from App World, any kind of map app, and of course audio or video streaming.
    01-04-12 01:07 PM
    All of these things are essentially text operations involving small amounts of data, so 2G (or even 1G/GPRS) works just fine.

Where you'll notice the difference is in web browsing, sending photos, downloading from App World, any kind of map app, and of course audio or video streaming.
    well, i totally get that. but i think that A LOT of people arent caught up on media apps as they are on communications...isnt that why we remain loyal? dont get me wrong if i need something downloaded relatively quick i will switch over to 3g//4g BUT, it's second nature already to turn back off shortly after. i am not constantly downloading apps from appworld, large file attachments from email, streaming music or media. that is what i am doing at the end of the day or when i finally make it to my desk...apps, media, large file attachments...those are all sit down functions that i dont have time for when i am going from point a to point b. when the pace finally slows down i rather be on a bigger screen and not overstuffing my blackberry with non productive crap. and dont get me wrong i love my crap
    Last edited by roughout123; 01-04-12 at 01:30 PM.
    01-04-12 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD